Cloudy .....

29th March 2022 (Tuesday)    09.00 ....We have a cloudy sky....with some blue


bits so we could have sunny spells later.   I haven’t been anywhere so far;  I didn’t wake up until 07.30;  06.30 before the clock change so it’s not really a ‘sleep in’.... it’s just my brain cell taking it’s time adjusting  to the new time.   This is the worst of the two time changes for me.   

10.30    I come to the conclusion that I must have had a migraine this morning;  it’s foggy.... and there are no ‘blue bit’s in the sky.  I’ve been for the paper, handed in my prescription and came home by way of Balbuthie Loan and Kinneuchar.  Definitely nae blue bits!    Actually sky was brighter for a wee while at 08.00.... in fact it looked promising.   Must ‘go go go’ this morning;  I’m going to do some ‘ousework:  Not much.... just enough to salve my conscience before I go out on the bike! 


13.30    The sky is starting to brighten up so I might go out in a wee while.   I watched the ‘Celebration of Life’ Memorial Service for Prince Philp, from Westminster Abbey.... which is why I haven’t been out yet: That and the fact that the sky was heavily overcast earlier.     I’ll go out after I finish a cuppa;  and enjoy a scone that Bob insisted that Anne bring round to me because he was full up o’ scones!   You would have enjoyed this scone Bob;  it’s got a thin layer o’ butter and a thick layer o’ blackcurrant jam on it!

22.30    I had a short run out on the bike;  it was short because I forgot to charge to battery yesterday!     It may have been a short trip, only as far as Chapel Green, but there was a lot going on;  the sun was trying hard to break through and it was warm sitting sheltered from the cold breeze.    And it was a cold breeze.

I got a pleasant surprise when I reached the Lundar Law corner;  Fife Council workmen had just finished fixing Jim’s memorial seat in place;  and they had laid the concrete base for another local memorial seat.   I then noticed yacht sailing out by the Beacon;  that was about the last thing I’d expected to see.

On the way home I stopped at the ‘new build’ and took a few photos of the stonework; 


then I got lucky.... the stonemason appeared and I got a photo of him alongside his work.    When the house is finished and the scaffolding gone and  the stonemasons’ work visible, we will all see just how beautiful the stonework is.   That said, there is a part of the original white wall hiding much of the work, when viewed from the road:  I’m hoping that that bit of wall can be removed so that everyone can appreciate the stonemasons’ skill... and the new ‘Chapel Green House’.... or ‘Cliff House’ as it once was.    Whatever it's name it’s going to be an impressive looking house when it’s finished.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....