Crisp frosty morning ....

7th March 2022 (Monday)   07.30.... It’s a lovely slightly frosty, quiet


morning.... very peaceful.   There is a thin layer of high cloud but the sun will burn that off.... and we’ll have another bonnie day.    ‘Sunny with a moderate breeze’ is the forecast.    I’m going to have a cuppa, then take a walk to the beach;  I didn’t go at sunrise time because a migraine had kicked in.

15.30    I went to the beach at low tide;  right down to the edge of the tide.  I had my wellies on so was able to paddle into the water.... probably didn’t do the walking stick any harm.... I think it’s made of aluminium.  I can’t go in among the rocks now but it was good being way out there again.   I well ready for a cuppa when I got back home;  and enjoyed it while browsing through the photos I’d taken.


It has been one of those ‘get into the garden and work’ days:  so I did.... and seriously pruned back the Clematis.   I mean really seriously;  like right down to the roots.   The Clematis is like Maggie’s Ivy.... seriously threatening to take over totally.   I’ll be totally kn.... tired tonight ‘cos I have overdone the ‘work’; tomorrow will be a ‘rest day’.  I haven’t been out on the bike today but I can do that tomorrow.  Considering my day began with a migraine I am well pleased with today’s efforts.   I'll have another cuppa then a shower to get rid of the clematis stoor and beasties.

21.00    I’m a happy ‘boy’ tonight;  I didn’t prune it in November so it has been bothering me for a while.   I’ll sleep well tonight.  The re-cycling Centre at Pittenweem is ‘open’ tomorrow so I’ll take it (the clematis) along there in the morning;  that’s a good ‘rest day’ job.

I see that we are going to have a windier day tomorrow so it’s unlikely that I’ll get out on



the bike.    If it’s windier it will be colder.   I like balmy days like today.   When I went to the beach I wore my heavy duty jacket, scarf, gloves.... the lot.   By the time I came off the beach I was hot...today has been a real Spring day.    Spring....that reminds me: I have a flowering currant bush in the garden that is covered in flowers;  being an early flowering bush it would normally have anything from 6 to 12 Queen Bumble bees working on it;  today?.... I didn’t see any Bumble bees on it today... and I had my cuppas in the Hutte.    I’m thinkin’ that there might be a drop in Bumble bee numbers this year.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....