Cauld and wintry .....

30th March 2022 (Wednesday)     07.00 .... It’s cauld and wintry looking;  ‘this


boy’ won’t be straying far from the door today.   There’s been sleet/rain overnight and it looks like we could have more showers.  Hmmmm.... there could be interesting clouds; I might venture out with the camera later in the day.   Right now it’s time to put the kettle ‘on’.... again.

11.30   I’ve been to the beach.... well wrapped up against the wintry feeling wind.    It’s actually a bonnie day;  warm when out of the wind and in the sun.... but the wind is bitterly cold.    I won’t be going out on the bike today!    In fact I’ll probably spend  most of the afternoon sleeping as I kept waking, nearly every hour on the hour, worrying about sleeping in and missing the mechanic coming to pick up the car.   I didn’t .... miss him, and the car is now at the garage having it’s springs sorted.    My hearing is abominable:  I thought it was a rear spring that had gone when it was one of the front ones.


14.30    As I suspected I fell asleep in front to the tele:  watching an interesting film on Channel 82..... and missed the last half hour of one film and the first half hour of another.   Oh well that’s another couple of repeats I’ll have to look out for.

We’ve just had a shower of hailstones.... in between good sunny spells:  but I have settled down for the day and don’t intend going out again: Unless we end up with a balmy evening.   The plan is to spend the remainder of the day pottering around Ivy.... got plenty o’ dustin’ needing to be done. 

17.00    Dustin’?.... who wants to dust when the computer is runnin’ and you have things to research.    So, since waking up in front of the tele, I have had a couple of cuppas, fed ‘Blob’ and worked on the computer.   The dustin’?   .... I’ll do that tomorrow.   Funnily enough, in between the showers we have a bonnie day... albeit a cauld one.  

The doorbell rang 20 minutes or so ago;  it was a delivery that I didn’t expect until


Friday.   I ordered a pair of shoes, from the Clarks factory in Somerset, at 22.30 on the 28th.   That’s 42 hours from when I ordered to arriving at Ivy.   Impressive.... they didn’t actually see the order until until sometime after 09.00 on the 29th.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....