Damp ....

12th March 2022 (Saturday)     08.00 .... It’s damp at the moment, in fact there


light rain sprinkling down, but the sky has the promise of sunny spells later.... could be a bonnie afternoon.   It isn’t as cold as it was yesterday;  the wind is from the Southerly direction this morning.

18.00    The sun broke through about mid morning, and I had a run out on the bike about midday.... only went as far as the Pony Field, because there was something in the air that hit my airways;  it might have been the cold air, because the temperature had dropped from when I was out first thing;  my breathing was fine then.   Luckily the rugby was on so there was something to watch on the tele.  I have done a fair amount of work on the computer so the day hasn’t been totally wasted.


22.30   It’s been a funny old day for me, but I have been busy enough and have enjoyed today.   I can’t think of what set off my asthma .... I was fine until about 11.00 and fine again in the late afternoon evening.   There must have been something in the air... and I don’t think it was traffic; there are never any heavy vehicles on a weekend.   Oh well I’ll go out early tomorrow morning for the paper.   That’s about as far I’ll get on the bike; the battery is showing only two ‘bars’.... the fully charged battery has five.

I was looking at the Observer Corps post in the pony field today;  all that can be seen above ground i.e.   Sadly it is starting to look dilapidated;  which is a pity because the actual underground part of the post is/was one of the driest posts in the UK.   As a former Observer I have many happy memories of my time, from 1965 – 1984, in the Royal Observer Corps, all of the time in the ‘Elie Post’.    I then began to think about the Cold War, and the Royal Observer Corps.   It’s not that I expect another ‘Cold War’.... though that would be preferable to a ‘Hot’ one (there are no winners in a nuclear war....unless you count rats as ‘winners’).  All we have to do is think about the fallout


from Chernobyl ....and that was an accident.   We learnt a lot about radiation fallout and the effects of, from Chernobyl.  It was certainly a thought provoking trip I had to the Pony Field today.  Must ‘go’ ... got a mug o’ chocolate to make.  

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....