Balmy morning ....

26th March 2022 (Saturday)      07.30 ....It’s another bonnie morning..... we

'Archie' and 'Sea Queen' racing in from the Beacon.

have wall to wall blue sky with a light breeze off the East.   It could be warm later.   I’ve been for the paper and will go out on the bike after breakfast;  this is unquestionably a ‘rest day’.

17.00    Our wee villages have enjoyed a busy and stunningly beautiful day.   My bike run ‘roond the villages’ lasted two hours.   I met and talked to people, I pressed the button on the camera a few times;  this has been a perfect kind of day for me.    At Chapel Green I met Gary and Caroline from Stonehaven;  this was their first time in Elie and Earlsferry.... my word they couldn’t have had a bonnier day to see the villages and environs.   We talked about the local history of Elie and Earlsferry, and how COVID has changed all our lives:  we get some really interesting people visiting us.   And I like talking.    After 15 minutes or so they continued on their walk and I set about taking photos of the skiffs out on the bay.   I then decided to go back to Ivy to discard some togs (it was warm) then go to the harbour to catch the skiffs coming in.  

Gary and Caroline.

The villages were starting to buzz, even at the harbour, (I spent nearly an hour down there) talking and pressing the camera button.   The skiffs were coming in from the Beacon and looked to be racing each other, the sea was flat calm and I was in the right place... the end of the pier.   I am well pleased today’s batch of photos.  

On the way home I met Gary and Caroline on their back to their motor home with huge ice cream cones.  I stopped at my usual places including the Breakwater, where I met a lady who had biked ‘ower the hill’ from St Andrews and was going ‘home by way of the coast.   Unfortunately I forgot to ask her name when I asked if I could take a photo.  I got back home with a tired tongue, a tired button pressing finger.... but awfie happy.

Sadly a good friend of mine, and of  everyone in Elie and Earlsferry (who knew him),


Tom McCabe, passed away yesterday after a short illness.   My thoughts are with his son and daughter Martin and Gillian... and their families;  Sandra, Tom’s wife, died 20 years or so.   Tom will be sadly missed by all of us, and especially by members of the Sailing Club and Harbour Trust; Tom loved the harbour... and being on the water.      

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....