Cold wind off the sea ....

20th March 2022 (Sunday)    08.00 .... There’s a cold wind off the North Sea so


it’s ‘wrap up well’ day;  I won’t be going far on the bike this morning.   The paper has been picked up and the harbour given a quick visit.... I’m thinkin’ I’ll hover around Ivy most of the day.... unless the wind eases and the temperature rockets up to 8C.   I don’t like wind with East in it.


14.00    My morning began with a migraine and it has taken until now to shake that off;   I’ve enjoyed a lazy morning cleaning the bike, doing Soduko’s, reading the newspaper and lying low in the Hutte.    It’s a bonnie day but I won’t go out on the bike: Tomorrow is going to be less windy.. so it should feel warmer.  

 I’ve been taking photos of Blob and his wife ... 'Doris'; it looks like they are setting up home in the Ivy bush... the one I have been seriously pruning.   The pruning be on hold for the next few weeks.    I’m going to have a cuppa and scone before doing a wee bit in the garden.... untangling clematis remains from the trellis.


16.30    Untangling the clematis was a tricky job, but it has been done.   Mind you I don’t know what was in the air today but it certainly didn’t agree with my breathing tubes;  even out in the garden.   Most of the time was spent in The Hutte.... where the air didn't bother me so much.   I’ll need to go out for exercise tomorrow morning.










19.00    According to ‘M’ it’s cold in New Zealand.... the temperature being 16C.... and it’s the start of winter in the Southern Hemisphere;  jings I’d settle for 16C for our summer temperature.  ‘M’ lives in North Island....and, where she lives it’s more like sunny Sussex weather than our lovely Scottish stuff.

Well I’m looking for a better day tomorrow;   I’ve enjoyed myself today but frustrated by


not getting out on the bike.   The dry East wind that we had today does nothing for my delicate skin:  luckily the Sunday Magazine is advertising ‘Summer Fridays Cloud Dew, Oil Free Gel Cream’ ... and it’s only £41 for 50 ml.  I’ll order a litre.

There doesn’t seem to be anything for me to watch on the tele so I’m going to sort out the Muircambus Mill stuff I have:  Jimmy and did a lot of pottering around from where the mill dam was, round to where the lade goes under the main road.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....