Bonnie frosty morning .....

1st March 2022 (Tuesday)     “Happy St David’s Day to all my friends


in 
Wales”.... enjoy your especial Day.

07.30    The month of March has started like a lamb, with a beautiful, frosty, morning at the Centre of the Universe.... a cloudless sky and ....a car windscreen that needs scraping.   The sun will soon be high enough to clear the windscreen, and the air warm enough for me to get the bike out.    Welcome to the first day of Meteorological Spring.

09.45   I’ve been for the paper, picked up my prescription, and visited the harbour.... on what is a beautiful Spring morning.   I’ll have morrrning coffee then get myself ready to go out on the bike.   The ‘plan’ is to make for Colinsburgh and Balcarres.


15.30    I have had my first decent run out on the bike.... on what is a perfect day for going ‘out to play’:  ‘ousework will be done tomorrow.    Balcarres was looking good, with buds starting to show on the trees and Robins claiming territory all over the place.   Workmen were clearing up trees, and bits of trees, that had blown down in Storm Arwen.   A succession of days like this and Spring will be well underway.  Unfortunately today isn’t the start of a ‘succession’;   Saturday looks like being the next good day.

I went all the way to Rires farm cottages (former) to have a look at the piece of wall that had been part of Rires Castle;  sadly it has been ‘tidied up’ and is no longer there.   Luckily Maggie and I took photos 20 years ago so it has been ‘recorded’ pre digital film.  The photographs are up in the wee attic.  

20.30    We (‘The Troops’) are going to the 19th for lunch tomorrow, .... and I have Myra


to pick up from the garage (Lundin Links) in the morning,  where her car is going for a service.   Tomorrow will be a ‘rest day’;   I will need it after biking to Rires.  Having said that.... I really enjoyed biking around Balcarres again and I’ll do it again, in a couple of weeks .... once Spring has gathered pace.   ‘Sarah van Veen’ could be in flower by then.

‘Light clouds with a fresh breeze from the Southeast’ is our weather forecast for tomorrow;  so it will feel cool.  Hopefully the sun will burn off the cloud at times to give us a few sunny spells.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....