Bonnie morrrrrrrrrrrning ....

28th March 2022 (Monday)    11.00 .... with the clocks changing (and me


having caught up with the clock change) it is now my ‘season’ for an early morrrrning potter on the beach.   It was really relaxing pottering along the tides edge... even the birds seemed to be enjoying the balmy morning.

Back at Ivy I booked the car in to get a broken spring fixed;   Brian  (mechanic) is picking the car up on Wednesday morning, so I don’t have to go to St Andrews at all.   I’ll get the bike out after ‘morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee’ and take a turn round the villages;   then I’ll do a wee bit of ‘work’ in the garden in the afternoon.... doing Soduko’s and feeding/conversing with ‘Blob) in The Hutte.

16.30    Once again we have had a gorgeous day;  I’m likin’ this spell of weather ...even when the haar drifts in from the North Sea.  Haar can make interesting photographs on the way in (or out).... before it obliterates everything.


I had a run to the harbour, where I had morrrrrrrning coffee and a good blether aboard ‘Sundance’, with Steve.   The ‘boys’ were next door, making ‘Defiant’ ready for ‘crane in’;  it is a brilliant day for painting.   When I’d finished at the harbour I came home by way of Elie Estate.... and the estate road was busy.   A couple of ‘young lauds’ were coming out of the estate;  one on some kind of quad bike and the other on a mini motor bike:  I then met three cyclists, and a couple of girls with a pram/ buggy thing.   All of them taking advantage of the lovely weather.

The ‘work’ in the garden never materialized.... but I fed ‘Blob’.   ‘Blob’ woke me up with his whistling.   I sort of heard him and thought “jings, Blob is happy and not far away”.   He was happy;  and where was he?.....he was inside The Hutte, perched on my foot givin’ it laldie.    No wonder he woke me up. 

22.00    I was talking to the ‘postie’ today and he is expecting bad weather on



Wednesday.    On checking the weather forecast, it’s to be colder with sleet or snow showers.    March came in like a lamb.... I hope it isn’t going to go out like a lion.   Tomorrow’s forecast for KY 9 is ‘drizzle with a moderate wind’ (from the East);  not very promising.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....