Early morning fog .....

27th March 2022 (Sunday)     08.30.... I’ve had a couple of surprises


already this morning:  the clocks changed last night.... and we have thick fog!  The fog will clear away soon.    I suppose I’d better bumble round changing the clocks     Never mind it will soon be lunch time.... though I’d better have breakfast first.   ‘Flap on’.... got clocks to change.  

09.30     My word there’s activity at the harbour already;  the skiffs are being uncovered for another training session, and kayaks are going to be active at 10.30.   The sun is forecast to break through by mid morning so the ‘plan’ is to make for the harbour around 10.30.... there should be a lot going on, both on land and water.   It’s breakfast time.  

New Sailing Club kayaks.

19.00    The sun eventually broke through and I bumbled down to the harbour to catch the new Sailing Club kayaks being ‘christened’ ....and launched for the first time.  The skiffs had been out, but they had to stay within sight of the shore.... the fog was thick at that time:  it had lifted a bit by the time the kayaks were launched but they stayed within the confines of the harbour.

Of the two clock changes this is the worst one for me;  I quite often forget about it altogether and work on ‘Ivy time’ for a while;  and I always find this one hardest to get used to.    Anyway the clocks are at the new time, so I’ll ‘normal’ tomorrow.

I’ve had an enjoyable day today;  I even found time to wash the bathroom, kitchen and lobby floors..... that wasn't the enjoyable bit.   I had a short trip out later in the afternoon;  I’d have gone further but the camera battery went and I didn’t have a spare with me.   I enjoyed the exercise.

22.00    I have ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow;   oh ... yes I have;  I pranged a spring in the car and will have to phone the garage.   So I might have a trip to St Andrews.... and coffee in Morrison’s sometime this week.  

I’ve been watching documentary called ‘King Edward VIII – Traitor King’... all about


the Duke of Windsor and his pro Hitler/Nazi feelings.   A lot of interesting ‘stuff’ has been unearthed from ‘lost’ archives.   It’s sad really;  but it let you see what went on behind the scenes;  all of which had to be kept away from, or made 'acceptable' to the general public of the time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....