Cool ....

31st March 2022 (Thursday)      08.00 .... we’ve got a light dustin’ o’ snow this


morrrrning, there’s ice on Blob’s water dish;  and there’s a brisk Northerly breeze;  so it’s cauld.   I’ve been as far as the front gate (about three metres) and won’t be going any further;  not until the temperature shoots up to about 5C.   With the wind chill 5C will feel like 1C.    No biking today.  I might take a turn out in the car later.... but I won’t be in a hurry to do that.   Oh... “slight flap on”;  the kettle will be have boiled.  Again.




09.00   It looks like being a reasonably good ‘drying day’ ... so... I have a washing on the line.  The garden temperature is at 3C so it shouldn’t freeze; unlike me who wisnae iggzactly warm when hanging it out. 

I’ve been working on the computer and ordered Fine Line pens (I am drawing the last Rires Castle) ... something I have been meaning to do for yonks.   They are down to arrive on Saturday.   In the meantime I’ll get the drawing done in pencil ready to ‘ink in’ when the pens arrive.   After this update I'm going to stick my nose outside the gate.... before organising morrrrrrrrning coffee.


17.30   Once the sun got going the snow on the car windscreen cleared, I took the car for a run to ‘The Store’ in Ainster, and did some shopping.   The car is back to normal;  in fact I could get sea sick with the smooth way it’s rolling over the bumps.    I am doing my very best to avoid pot-holes but on Fife roads that’s not easy.   No matter where you travel on UK roads, Fife drivers are easily recognised:  they’re the ones hugging the white line in middle of the road. 

Later in the afternoon I had daunder to the beach and got caught by one of the hail showers;  luckily it was a short  one...and hailstones don’t wet the camera.    The beach was quiet with only myself and a couple out with their Westie.  Neither of us lingered long down there.

19.30    Welll.... March is going out cold but I widnae say wild:  I’m looking for April to


be the start of a balmy warm spell o’ weather.    I’ve been busy today;  the washing dried and has been ironed, the shopping done and away, now I’m ready to settle down to draw and watch something on the tele.    It’s going to be another cold night.... and cold tomorrow, but I hope to go out on the bike. 






22.30    I sent in my gas and electricity meter readings to SSE;  the new 54% higher price cap starts tomorrow.    However;  It’s an ill wind that doesn’t blow some good;  the shareholders are doing well.   I’ll reset my central heating control down another couple of notches tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....