14th March 2022 (Monday)    07.15 .... The sun is beginning to burn through


the early morning cloud  to give us some sunny spells in the morning;  with cloud and rain showers spreading from the West in the afternoon.    I’ve had breakfast;  but fancy another cuppa before going out, on what is a bonnie morning with an interesting sky. 

11.00    I had a meandering run up to Grangehill then to Chapel green; I eventually managed to flatten the bike battery (you have to do this now and again): It is now being charged up ready for either this afternoon (the afternoon forecast is iffy) or tomorrow.   We have a beautiful day just now and I’m wishing that I’d flattened the battery yesterday.  I didn't  .... but it’s morrrrrrrrning coffee time now.    Happy me.

15.45   I’ve just received some sad news;  a friend and former workmate of mine died suddenly last night in Cameron Hospital.   George (‘Mex’ to his mates) and I worked together at Rolland Leven, then Rolland Elie before we moved to work with Stevenson and Horsburgh (Anstruther), then a Bett Brothers site in Cupar for a year.   We split up when I


started working at the Craw’s Nast and George working at Silberline in Leven.   Luckily Isobel brought her parents, George and Alice along to visit me at the end of last summer;  George, Alice and family lived across from my Dad in Colinsburgh for a many years, before moving back to Methil.    I am devastated by George’s unexpected passing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....