Wet ....

5th July 2021 (Monday)     08.00 ....  It’s Maggie’s Birthday;  Maggie would have been 80 today so “Happy Heavenly Birthday” to ‘The Boss’.  

The ‘plan’ was to have cake and coffee at Chapel Green, but that might have to be


changed.    We have rain, sometimes heavy, but I’m hoping the sun will break through to give us sunny spells.... probably in the afternoon.     I’ve been for the paper , and taken a few ‘wet look photies’, now I am ready for breakfast.





10.00    Wellll .... the sun is breaking through so ‘cake and coffee’ at Chapel Green is a possibility;  we still have spells of rain, some heavy, so it will be a case of dodging the showers .... and hoping that the sunny spells are long ones.

I’ve done a wee bit of ‘ousework... and ‘shewed’ on a button;  the actual sewing is easy enough it’s threading the needle that’s tricky.   Maggie had a thing that went through the eye of the needle and you pulled the thread through with that;  not that I intend sewing on loads of buttons, but using that thing would be handier than depending on luck. 

St Monans skiff by the Beacon.

21.30    When Iain was up in the attic the other weekend, he cleared a space.   I remembered this, and thought... “it’s raining and there’s a clear space in the attic... I need to find something to put in it!”   Maggie would be proud of me, remembering about the empty space,....  and doing something about it, especially on her birthday.   I’m a happy boy tonight.

I eventually got the bike out and up to Chapel Green, in the evening; this was after the showers had died down.   I should have gone out in the middle of the day, when the sun was nearly out, but at that time I was focussed on the attic.

‘Hawk’, the Heavy Lift vessel is on her way out of the Firth, loaded with what looks like

'Archie' - the Elie Skiff.

a redundant rig aboard;  the destination port is St Petersburg.   By the time Hawk is within my range, it will be too dark to get a decent photo.

If the weather forecasters have got it right it looks like I’ll be putting more stuff up in the attic.   Oh no I won’t;   I have the Tour tomorrow afternoon;  I don’t watch it all the time (it’s not a mountain stage)... so I could ‘do attic work’ in between times.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....