Overcast and humid ....

12th July 2021 (Monday)    07.30 .... a cloudy, warm and humid start to the

The Whale and the Snail.

day for us.... with the chance of mist/light rain coming in from the North Sea;  not the most cheerful kind of weather but pleasant enough in its own way.

This is a ‘rest day’ for ‘le Tour, so I should get out on the bike.... assuming the mist/light rain stays out at sea;  though it disnae look promising at the moment.   Must ‘go’ ... slight flap on now... I need another cuppa before I decide what the ‘plan’ will be for today.

10.30    The sky is beginning to lighten;  I’m thinkin’ we should have sunny spells soon, and maybe even a bonnie afternoon.  I have been preparing vegetables this morning.... and my word the onions are strong.   The plan is to make ‘mince and tautties’, and some Cottage Pies for the freezer.... then go out on the bike in the afternoon.  

Snail on the tail of the Whale.

The BBC News is all about Italy winning the Euro Trophy.... no ... correction.... the BBC News is all about England not winning the Euro Trophy.   Ye Gods ... it’s only a game.... and anyway Scotland lost faster, and with less fuss.                                                               
The racist comments on social media, presumably by disgruntled fans, were abhorrent  .... but that is a problem with social media;  it is a platform where racist kind of folk thrive.   Sad .... but a sign of the times.  Then there was vandalism.... disappointing, but almost the norm for big events nowadays.   Scotland – England Final in the World Cup 2022?

14.30    The work (in the kitchen) is finished... with the dishwasher bumbling its way through the dishes and pans.... and the ready meals are cooling off to go in the freezer.   The sun has been out for a while so I’m going to have a cuppa, then go for a birl round the villages looking for scarecrows.    It’s humid and hot,  with haar drifting in now and again.

20.30  I enjoyed a short trip out on the bike....and took a photo of the ‘Scarecrow map’ so


I should know where I’m going tomorrow morning.    It was uncomfortably hot and humid for me....but it’s fine when on the bike.    I got a few photos of scarecrows... then thought I’d go to Carol’s Shop and have an ice cream;  then remembered that I didn’t have money or card with me so ....no ice cream.

Tomorrow is forecast to me another warm/hot day with longer sunny spells and fewer showers.   Did we have any showers today?   If we did I must have slept through it/them.   I’m going to have a look at the map’ and plan my route for tomorrow.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....