Grey ....

6th July 2021 (Tuesday)    08.00 .... the threat of precipitation is high today; 


however, at the moment, though the sky is overcast, we haven’t had any rain  this morning.... not on Ferry Road anyway.     I’m going to get the bike out and have a quick run round the villages before any rain that might come our way.

10.30    We’ve had a shower o’ rain .... it wasn’t not very heavy but lasted long enough to wet everything:  more prolonged rain is forecast for the afternoon.

I am enjoying seen folk enjoying the beach in the morning... each in their own way:  even the dogs enjoy the beach in their own way.   I met Alan (Provan) at the Breakwater, out with Jazz,.... it was spitting rain by that time but I was on my way home from the harbour.   When I left the harbour I intended going through the estate but the spots of rain changed that ‘plan’.  I guess I will do some ‘ousework after my morning coffee.


15.30    Although cool (for the time of year), at least the rain has been intermittent and never heavy.   I have been watching Stage 10 of le Tour which is now beginning to hot up.... it’s a sprint Stage and the excitement happens in the last minutes.   More importantly;   I switched the kettle on a few minutes ago;  now I’ll go and make a cuppa.... might even have a few cherries.... disguised as a small piece of cake.






20.30    Eddie Merckx (Belgian) is widely regarded as the greatest cyclist ever (so far) having dominated the cycling scene from 1965 – 1978, and winning 5 Tours, and numerous other races, in that time;  and a record 34 Stages of the Tour.   Today, on Stage 10 of the Tour, Mark Cavendish (Isle of Man) won his 33rd Stage and might well equal the Eddie Merckx record, by the end of this year’s Tour.     Today’s Stage (10) was a classic sprinters stage, the lead out being performed perfectly by Mark’s team with the last team member swinging away leaving

Mark a clear sprint to the line to win by half a wheel.   Exciting stuff.    It’s a good job the Tour was on because we have had a dreich afternoon/ evening as far as the weather went.   Tomorrow is going to be bonnier.... ‘light showers and a gentle breeze’ being the forecast.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....