Dreich morning ....

31st July 2021 (Saturday)      08.00 ..... There’s a light easterly breeze

Sandwich Tern (sterna sandvicensis)

bringing 
low cloud in from the North Sea.... so we have heavy ‘Scotch Mist’ this morning;  a real dreich start to the day.   However, the ‘degree of wetness’ should decrease by 10.47,  leaving us with an overcast sky, which in turn should brighten up later in the afternoon.    I shall pick up the paper at 11.11..... if my projected weather plan proves accurate.   There’s first time for everything... almost.

22.00    The Scotch Mist eventually ‘dried’ away about 13.30 and we finally had a few short sunny spells in the evening;  that was when we had our exercise....  Michael and Janice going for a walk and me biking up to Chapel Green, planning to meet them there, but I missed them by minutes.   At least we got a wee bit of exercise..... and I got a few photos of the ‘Marella Explorer’ leaving the Firth;  her next port of call being Kirkwall.


Janice and Michael spent the damp part of the day sorting out the kitchen;  I have to admit it was a bit ‘man cave-ish’.... sort of cluttered but clean.   Now it’s spotless and all my clutter is in back the cupboards from whence it came.   For me the kitchen was practical.... for three it was not.    When they were working in the kitchen, I was working on my Chainwalk page for The Hutte.    I’d written it twenty odd years ago for the original blog;   it has now been updated but there is still work to be done.    It has been a busy day... Janice did all the work and I am the one that’s tired?

There’s a washing going through the machine in anticipation of tomorrow being a good drying day;  even brighter than today will do.    The forecast is reasonable for tomorrow, so reasonable that I intend biking along for the paper.    I’ve been out at the bucket, and the air feels cooler tonight.

We have no ‘plan’ for tomorrow, but if the forecasters have got it right, we will have a

'Marella Explorer' leaving the Firth.

good drying day.   I’ll hang the washing out first thing then go for the paper about 08.03.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....