Overcast and warm ....

23rd July 2021 (Friday)    09.00 .... it’s a funny kind of morning:  one of those


mornings when you’re waiting for your local Council to do something, but you know it’s never going to happen.    I think we need the sun to break through.  

It’s actually a nice, balmy, quiet morning and warm, so should be warm in the afternoon .... once the sun burns off the low cloud.   I’ve been ‘round the villages’ and now I feel in ‘(almost) a mood for working’.   I’ll do a spot of ‘ooverin and dustin’ in the bedroom which should burn that mood off, faster than the sun will burn off the cloud.   Orf to have a cuppa and contemplate.

12.30    The ‘work’ is progressing at, almost, a rapid rate o’ knots;  I can visualize Janice and Michael having a place to rest their weary heads after the train journey.   To be honest the bedroom doesn’t need that much done to it, but it has to be as per ‘The Boss’ standards, hence the ‘work’.    I didn’t realise it at the time.... but Maggie was training me for all eventualities... and she did it well.


The sky is still overcast, but the sun is trying hard to burn off the cloud;  I might go out on the bike in the evening.... maybe even in the late afternoon if it isn’t too hot.

21.00    It was far too hot for me outside, but I did a lot of work inside;  Ivy is like a cave... cool in the summer.   The bedroom is coming along nicely albeit slowly.... there an aroma of furniture polish in there tonight.    Still a bit to do but most of the mundane stuff is done.

I did an online Tesco shopping... that arrives on Tuesday afternoon:  Michael and Janice arrive on Wednesday ...’ I pick them up at Kirkcaldy Station.   I see Sainsbury’s delivery vans going around, and even Morrison’s; it seems most supermarkets are doing online shopping, with delivery or pick up.   It certainly saves a lot of hassle.... but I’m ‘in love’ with the checkout lassie at ‘The Store’.

‘Nae plan’ for tomorrow other than finish off the bedroom.... or near enough finish it


orf.    We are going to have another day like today.... with morning haar clearing away to give us a warm sunny afternoon;  unless the haar is stubborn, as it can sometimes can be.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....