Overcast and cool ....

29th July 2021 (Thursday)   08.00 .... It’s a grey and damp start to the day;

Busy golf course.

  the sun is supposed to break through by mid morning, giving us sunny spells and light showers.    Michael and Janice are away to Halbeath Retail Park (Dunfermline) leaving me ‘in charge’ ... in charge of ‘ me’? 

Once the sun breaks through I’ll get the bike and out have a run round the villages....I’d better have breakfast and another cuppa.

21.30    The day is ending with rain, which looks like being here for the night.... it’s not that heavy but it is steady and .... wet.   

Michael and Janice had a very successful shopping mission this morning;  both fridge and freezer are full.... the first time they have been full since the last time Janice and Michael were here a few years ago.   We started eating our way through it with ‘mince and tautties’, followed by strawberries and cream, for dinner.


When Janice and Mike were at Dunfermline, I went up to Kinneuchar to have a quiet moment at Bill’s graveside, and a walk round the cemetery: seeing the names of the many people I knew, brought back memories of the ‘good old days’.   From Kinneuchar I came down to Elie and visited the harbour.   The tide was out so we had a big beach and it was busy.    By this time the streets were beginning to get busy so I thought I’d better make my way to Chapel Green.   I got back to Ivy to find Janice and Michael filling the fridge and freezer.    They were happy after a successful shopping mission.

After lunch I fell asleep on top of my bed;  I must have been tired because I was completely out for the count, when Janice and Michael went out in the middle of the afternoon.   I woke up feeling sluggish with a bit of a headache, brought on, I suspect, by the weather.    Since the rain came I feel ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed.   We are all going to have an early night, and should be ‘frightfully frisky’ tomorrow.  

The ‘Troops’ .... Myra, Kirsty Geoff and me, are going to ‘The Grange’ for lunch


tomorrow:  it’s a long time since I’ve been there.   The last time would be with Maggie, when we would have lunch there after a morning in St Andrews.   The wind is going to the East tomorrow and we’re to have ‘light winds with occasional spells of drizzle.   Between the rain tonight and the drizzle tomorrow, the pollen count should be low.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....