Gorgeous day ....

14th July 2021 (Wednesday)    11.00 .... all is good at the Centre of the Universe


.... we have a gorgeous morning and it feels like it’s going to be hot in he afternoon.   When I went out this morning at 05.30 the temperature was 15C, comfortably warm;  I did the complete ‘Tour’ of the villages then home by Elie Estate.    I have to go to the Chemist and will do so after I watch the roll out of Stage 17.





21.30    My word it has been hot today;  25C in the garden (shade temperature), which is too hot for me.    It was already starting to feel hot when I went up to Elie to hand in my prescription at 11.30.... so it really  is beginning to feel like summer is finally here.    Elie High Street was busy with traffic, and families enjoying this lovely holiday weather.    
Happy scarecrow.

The tide was out so there was a huge beach, and it was busy.... even at that time of day.    I thought about tackling the ‘Harbour Road’, but decided that my time for going to the harbour is early in the morning.... 06.30.    It is great seeing things returning to normal, but I can’t help but think that the pandemic isn’t yet over.    I notices that some folk wear the masks all the time;  I wear mine in shops etc.    I remembered to get the paper(s) after I’d handed in the prescription.    The ‘plan’ was to buy a coffee at ’arbour ‘ouse but I forgot to take my mug with me:  I can stand it in the carrier bag and bike to wherever I want to sit.    I took a few busy beach photos and came home... just in time for lunch.

With the afternoon being hot I was only too happy to watch Stage 17 of the Tour.   It was a mountains (Pyrenees) Pyrenees, with three hard climbs in the last 65 kilometres of a 181kilometres long stage.... the last mountain (Col du Portet) being the hardest, longest climb with the Finish line at the highest point of the pass.  It’s a ski and winter sports place.... a tourist resort, and quite often the end of a Tour Stage, in the summer.   The


cyclists never cease to amaze me;  they probably bike up the zig zag road faster than I could with the car.   I don’t think it will be neither Corn Flakes, nor Weetabix they have for breakfast.

Stage 18 (tomorrow) is another  mountain stage after that the race begins to ‘wind down’ (but not for the competitors) with the finishing sprint taking place in Paris on Sunday.    That will be my television watching finished with for the time being.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....