Misty ....

10th July 2021 (Saturday)    09.00 .... It’s misty this morning but not a heavy


‘Scotch Mist’ mist;  I could go out on the bike in this..... in fact, if it stays this way, I will go out on the bike.    I’ve been for the paper (in the car ‘cos I was in need of milk), then went to the beach for a walk after I got back.    The sun should burn off the haar, to give us a warm sunny day:  it’s warm as it is, with only a light breeze from the East.





15.30    Stage 14 of le Tour, which is a hilly stage, and exciting;   I’ve had to come it to see what’s happening so often, that I have decided to watch it through to the end.... and ‘work’ tomorrow;   .... but ... that is another hilly Stage, so maybe I’ll leave the ‘work’ until the ‘rest day’.

We’re having a nice day here.... mostly sunny and warm.    This is a changeover day for the letting houses so Ferry Road has been busy,.... it usually quietens down at evening time.... when I might get the bike out.


21.00   This has been an unintended rest day for me;  all because today’s stage of le Tour was hilly and exciting.   Stage 15 (tomorrow) is another hilly stage, with harder climbs than today, so guess what;   tomorrow will most likely end up another rest day for me;   but I have been filling the ‘broon’ bucket with weeds and the clippings from stuff I have been cutting back:   so not an entirely lazy day.   Bike racing and the Six Nations (Rugby) are the only two sports that I really watch;  I did watch Scotland in the ‘Euros’.... but that was short lived.

My ‘plan’ for tomorrow?.... well I have until 11.00 when Stage 15 starts; it’s on for 5¼ hours – nearly an hour and half of that time will be adverts, which I never watch .... I can drink a load of cuppas.... or even do a fair bit of work during the ‘advertising’ time.   If everybody only bought what they actually needed, and nothing that the advertisers want them to need Planet Earth would healthier.... and so would I.   That said I don’t buy very much in the way of ‘goodies’ now;  though I do love cherries .... wrapped in cake mix! They can be bought in the ‘paper shop’.... the cherries are one of my ‘five a day’:  a scrumptious and vital necessity.

Light rain showers and a gentle breeze is the forecast for KY9 tomorrow;  a nice enough


day but not the kind of days we should be having at this time of year.   When I was on the beach this morning I saw committee of migrating terns .... heading south.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....