Grey and damp ....

30th July 2021 (Friday)     08.00 .... Last night I sprayed the entrance to a


wasps nest that I’d spotted;  and it appeared to have done the trick because I didn’t see any wasps working this morning.   However, just to make sure, I thought I’d give the entrance another dose:  you could say I ‘polished them off’, because I picked up the wrong canister and used furniture polish.   The lavender aroma was the clue that had me changing canisters and hitting it with the right stuff:   the mission has been successful, because we have no wasps working the nest ....   nevertheless, if anyone sees fast flying, lavender smelling wasps,?  .... they’re mine!   

We have a grey damp start to the day, but it isn’t actually raining, so I’ll get the bike out and go for the paper in a wee while.

09.00    I’ve been for the paper, (in the car ‘cos we have a spell of heavy Scotch Mist’) but didn’t go to the harbour;  I wanted to get back to Ivy and have breakfast.   I’m feeling brighter this morning, yesterday I couldn’t get going at all:  that would probably be caused by the excitement of picking up Michael and Janice, and driving the day before.   Slight 'flap on' now.... I need another cuppa.


16.00    Lunch out at The Grange was absolutely brilliant;  we had to take a diversion because the actual Grange Road is being resurfaced;  this meant going into St Andrews, but the detour didn’t really affect us even though we were ten minutes late.   We had to wear a mask to walk to our table, but otherwise everything was ‘normal’, apart from clear partitions between the tables.   The company, food and service.... all excellent;  as per ‘auld normal’ really.    My eyelids are awfie heavy;  I will put the kettle on before settling down in The Hutte to have a cuppa, and do a Soduko.

21.30   Wellll .... this has been an exciting and enjoyable day, and it is a tired boy that


will be crawling into his bed tonight.    I went up to Chapel Green in the evening and just sat there and enjoyed watching and listening to people enjoying being in Elie and Earlsferry.   It was a balmy evening and paddle boarders were taking advantage of the flat calm water, to go for a walk round the bay;   while others were swimming, paddling, or like me, enjoying watching other people enjoying themselves.   I’m lovin’ the villages being ‘alive’.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....