Sunny spells and showers ....

28th July 2021 (Wednesday)   06.30 .... The forecast is for our area  to have


‘light rain showers with a gentle breeze’;  there’s still a Yellow Warning for heavy and lengthy thundery showers for Fife but they might miss us.   At the moment the sky is mostly overcast and Ferry Road is wet.... but it’s not actually raining.... and there are blue patches appearing so we will have sunny spells.   I could be a bonnie day albeit with a few showers.

09.00    We must have had a heavy shower overnight because there’s a lot of sand etc. been washed down the road/streets.   I’ve been for the paper, and to the harbour (in the car ‘cos I needed to buy milk) then came home by way of Balbuthie Loan and Kinneuchar.   I suppose I’d better have breakfast, then have a quick run round with the ‘oover, and perfunctory squirt o’ polish on the furniture.

10.30    All is good at Ivy;  I am having ‘morrrrrning coffee’ in front of the computer ‘cos it’s spitting rain.... I was planning to have ‘MC’ at Chapel Green.   Michael has just phoned to say they are on the Aberdeen train, and half an hour out of London:  I’d better switch intae ‘flap on’ mode.     

I’m in a ‘positive’ frame of mind this morning.... I’ve hung out a washing.   It might get an extra rinse where it is, but it’s out of my way... and it’s bound to dry sometime.

Mike and Janice - Kirkcaldy Station.

20.00    My word;  the roads were busy this afternoon, but, apart from a set of temporary traffic lights in Kirkcaldy it was a hassle free journey .... in fact I actually enjoyed driving meaningfully again.    I arrived at the station in plenty of time (half an hour before train time) to have a drink of water, and a chocolate biscuit before wandering into the station to find a seat;  I even had time to ‘fall in love’, with a lady who had missed her train, her next suitable train being the one immediately after the London train.   

The London train arrived ‘on time’ and I spotted Michael and Janice as they came off... and took a few photos.     The journey home was enjoyable (it was great having someone in the car to talk too), the only hold up being the temporary traffic lights.

We’ve had food, and a couple of cuppas:   now Michael and Janice are taking advantage of the lovely evening and have gone for a daunder.   I am contemplating putting the kettle on.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....