Warm and sunny ....

20th July 2021 (Tuesday)   07.00 .... ‘sunny intervals with a gentle breeze from


the east’ is forecast for KY9 today.... already the thermometer is reading 15C, but the cloud/ haar does look slightly menacing at times; though, with a bit of luck, the sun should burn it back out to sea, giving us another hot afternoon. 

16.00   Wellll .... I had a cracker o’ a ‘paper run’ this mornin’:  the haar was defusing the light, and I saw rectangles that just had to be ‘clicked’, all around me.   I did a fair amount of clicking on my way round.   Strangely enough I didn’t visit the harbour;  but did go to Woodhaven, for a change, before going through Elie Estate and into the ‘Pony Field’ on the way home.   It was warm then....  and still is with the thermometer reading 23C in spite of a cool onshore breeze.     guess it will feel slightly cooler on the beach.

'Maw with the five bairns following.

There was a klaxon start competition on the golf course, with players starting from every tee at 09.00.... so I got a few ‘golf’ photographs.   I need to set myself up on Lundar Law some morning (that gives me the cliffs in the background), to get a few more golf shots.

I have often wondered where my days go;  it took me until 12.30 to sort through the photographs I took this morning.   No wonder I’m tired at night. 

21.00     There’s a chill in the air this evening.... right enough the breeze is from the East, and the sun is going down so it should be cooler;  and feels much more so after the heat of the afternoon.    There’s a warning for ‘hot’ weather, covering ‘Sunny Sussex’ and other parts of England later in the week:  and... we have to conserve water.   Summer is here right enough.

‘Positive cases of COVID are beginning to rise around the East Neuk’.... that doesn’t


come as a surprise, considering how busy the East Neuk is.   I guess we’ll just have to continue, as we have been doing for the past 18 months... stay away from pubs and crowds, wear masks where necessary, washing hands.... and hope that the protection, offered by the jabs, doesn’t wear off too soon.

It has been another bonnie day.... and tomorrow is going to be much the same though it may be cloudier at first.    I might head out on the bike in the morning but that all depends on how warm it is .... and how busy I am.   Busy?.... somehow I don’t think that will be a problem.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....