Overcast but warm ....

21st July 2021 (Wednesday)     06.30 .... the sky is overcast, with a light breeze


from the East;  and, the thermometer is reading 17C so it is warm.   The sun should burn the haar/low cloud off in the morning, giving us a bright, sunny and hot afternoon.

10.00    I’ve been round the villages, and all is well.... the sky is beginning to brighten;  I’d better go out on the bike before the heat of the day.... and after another cuppa.   I met Marcia and Kirsty out with the dogs (note to me ... remember 12.30/5th August), and a couple of joggers.  It was one of those balmy, quiet mornings:   the dogs seemed in the for buzzin’ around.... then again Spaniel’s always do.   I had a long rest on Maggie’s seat.


15.00    After ‘morrrrrning coffee’ I decided to bike to the top of Kincraig cliffs;  it was misty but mist happens and I don’t have any misty photos taken from Kincraig.    It takes me 10 minutes to bike to the top from Ivy Cottage.... and I got my misty photographs.    The last 50 metres are the steepest, and I have to push the bike.... it would take a massive battery to power me up that last bit..... however I manage it;   coming down is easy.

On the way home I met Andrew, Anne and family, walking to the Crusoe for lunch.   Jings I remember Maggie and I doing that;  now I am in reminisce mode.     Orf to make a cuppa.... and have some thinking time in The Hutte.    It’s a bonnie afternoon.... and hot, so I might not linger too long in The Hutte.

21.00     I didn’t linger in the Hutte.... it was 31C in there and that was with the door and vents open.    Coming in was a good move anyway because I did some work on Janice and Michael’s bedroom.... I have a week to finish it.... and it should only take about 8 hours total, to have it pristine.   I did start a couple of weeks ago but ‘pranged’ my pointing finger (arthritis) and it disnae like that, so has been playing up.    However it is beginning to calm down, which means I begin working again.   Again?

I’ve had an enjoyable day.... and a busy one.   The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to do stuff in


the morning.... and stay out of the heat in the afternoon, as I have been doing for the past few days:  tomorrow is going to be really warm, but mostly up the West side of the country, with the Southwest of England having an Amber warning for heat.   An onshore breeze down the East Coast will take a few degrees off the temperature;  it will be really cosy in Glasgow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....