Sunny and hot ...

8th July 2021 (Thursday)    19.30 .... at long last I have got round to updating


The Hutte;   it has been a gorgeous day and I went twice on the bike.... and even did a washing.   I will be a tired boy tonight.

My first trip was the ‘paper run’, which took me up to Kinneuchar then home via the estate, Elie harbour and finally Chapel Green.... and I forgot to go for the paper .... it was such a bonnie morning.

At Chapel Green I met, and chatted, a lady out walking her dog;  it was a pleasant morning for chatting, and in Lynn’s case for listening.   Ye Gods I can talk.   It was when I got back home I decided to wash the big downie cover.... this is for Michael and Janice coming at the end of the month.    It was clean but had been on a shelf for about a year.... and it was an excellent drying day.    My next mission tonight will be to iron said washing.

The 'Coastal Cafe'.

After lunch I decided to bike over to the Shell Bay Coastal Cafe site;  my word this must be one of the most relaxing places to stop to coffee/tea, juice etc.... the views are fantastic.   You can see all the way round from Shell Bay to Aberlady Bay on the ‘sooth’ side.    I look forward to one of those really clear days to take a few photos.... and have a relaxing cuppa.    Being in a secluded spot security demands that it be a metal container conversion, but this has been done thoughtfully, with the outside being painted to blend in with the surroundings.   Strangely enough this suits the history of the site as the military was stationed at Kincraig during the WWII, and I could visualize soldiers going down to the beach, and using the ‘cafe’.    It is about 100 metres up from the Coastal Path, between Shell Bay and Kincraig Point.   Love it.

21.30   The sky has clouded over and there is the feel of rain in the air;  not here but somewhere.... however we might catch the edge of a shower.   Light winds and showers are mentioned in the forecast for KY9 for the next few days.

I’m thinkin’ that I should have charged up the bike battery this afternoon;  I’ll have to do

16th green.

it after the paper run tomorrow morrrrrrrrrrrning.   Silly boy.

I only watched the last three quarters of an hour of today’s Stage (12) of the Tour;  it was a flat stage, and a breakaway was 14 minutes in front of the peloton, so the breakaway was really the race in the end.   It was won, by a comfortable margin, by Nils Pollit (German) riding for the Bora-Hansgrobe Team.   Stage 13 is another flat stage;  it could be a day for the sprinters after they had a rest in the peloton today.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....