Humid with Scotch mist...

22nd July 2021 (Thursday)    08.30 .... we had heavy Scotch Mist when I went


for the paper at 06.30 this morning (in the car).   The sun should burn it back;  the sky is starting to lighten in places, so we should have a sunny, hot and humid afternoon.  

I went to the beach after I got back, a sort of pre breakfast stroll:  the tide was out so we, a few folk out with their dogs and me, had a big beach to ourselves.  High tide is at 13.15, but it’s not a big tide just now, so there will be loads of sand to play with.... and plenty water, to paddle board across, in the bay.    Perfect holiday weather..... and the air is breathable this morning.... probably the dampness has lowered the pollen and pollution levels.

09.30    The Scotch Mist is, at times, heavy enough to be called ‘light Scotch rain’;  it’s wet, but, in a nice warm kind of way.   I like it:  then again I’m taking advantage of the fact that it’s wet outside, to  ‘oover, dust and polish the furniture, Michael and Janice’s room.


Oh.... I got a surprise when I went out this morning;  there was a package at the front door, addressed to ‘me’.   I am now the proud owner of a tauttie peeler and an egg slicer.   I haven’t a clue where the package originated from, but it was delivered by DDP, probably yesterday evening and I didn’t hear the delivery man.   I don’t remember ordering them, but then again, I hardly remember what day it is:  that said, the names of the days aren’t that important to me;  if it’s daylight I do stuff, if it’s dark I sleep.   Anyway.... a big ‘Thank You’ to whoever organised the aforementioned items, (assuming it wisnae me).    It could be salad for lunch, with sliced boiled egg:  I'm looking forward to 'playing' with the egg slicer.

21.00 It hasn’t been the brightest of sunny days, but it has been warm.... and dry once the mist backed off.   Elaine phoned to let me know that The Drop in Cafe was back in operation on the Toll Green (Elie), in the afternoon, so I enjoyed a catch up chat, with friends, some who I hadn’t seen for a while.  ‘Mac’ (Isaac Mackie Sheltered Housing), was there, but George (also IMSH) was busy in his garden.   Patricia was there, with homemade fruit cake;  it was great tasting ‘Home Baking’ again.... and seeing, and being with, everyone.   Scrumptious (xx).

The road was so busy that I came home by way of the estate, but I had taken a few

Drop In Cafe.

photos of the busy Harbour beach on the way to the ‘Cafe’.  One activity in particular surprised me;   jumping off the end of the pier wall.   I have never jumped in off the end of the pier wall, we always used to dive.

‘Light cloud and a gentle breeze’ is our weather for tomorrow;  a repeat of today more or less.   I shall continue to work on the bedroom (intermittently);  I did a fair amount  today.... imagine forgetting to mention ‘work’....especially when I actually did work.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....