Warm but breezier ....

17th July 2021 (Saturday)   06.30 ....another hot day ahead, but it is breezier so



the hot air is moving.... like a fan assisted oven:   just now the garden thermometer is at 16C ....and is forecast to get up to 24C in the afternoon.;  it’s going to be breezier so it should feel cool.   There’s a bit of cloud around this morning so between the cloud and the breeze, the air is comfortably cool.   I plan to go to the shops after 09.00, as I have a prescription to pick up.

11.30   It is a beautiful day.... and much more comfortable in the fresh breeze.   I’ve been to Elie to pick up my prescription;  there was a queue at the ‘paper shop’ so I thought I’d do the harbour first then get the paper on the way back:  I don’t have a paper today.

There was much going on at the harbour, and on the golf course so I took a few photographs:  I shall now have a coffee before finding out what time  Stage 20 of le Tour is on the tele;  today stage is a Time Trial.... so not the most exciting viewing;  not until the last half hour anyway.


18.30   26C in the garden today;  I am beginning to like this summer weather.... even though I stay in during the hottest part of the day.  Today I had the penultimate stage of the Tour to keep an eye on.... falling asleep intermittently as I had a migraine (this is good migraine weather) but I did stay awake for the last half hour.

I am now full alert, and I feel like lopping something;   I’ll have a cuppa and hope that the desire to do something, as serious as lopping, will wear off.

21.00    Even though there’s a frisky wind the air is still warm with the temperature sitting at 21C:  that is too hot to do any lopping.    I did a bit of pruning instead:  a single rose heid, that was past its best.   Strenuous I am not keen on now.                                                                                                                                                                         It’s going to be another warm day tomorrow.... ‘light cloud with a gentle breeze’ is the

6th green.

forecast, so the sun might not be as strong as it was today.   I’m thinkin’ I might have a night cap to help me sleep on what is likely to be another hot night.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....