Bright and breezy.... (so is the weather) ...

13th July 2021 (Tuesday)     09.30 .... we have another lovely morning, bright


and sunny most of the time,  and its forecast to be hot later.   I went round the villages (forgot the paper .... again) at my normal early time, and hope to go out later in the morning.... though I have a chicken casserole to set up first.   It will be too hot for me in the middle of the day, but I have Stage 16 of le Tour today, and it’s a mountain stage with steep climbs with a lot going on throughout the race;  so I won’t be out in the midday sun.    I’m ready for a cuppa and....  another breakfast. 



1.30    The chicken Casserole is in the oven;   and I am ready for a quiet half hour in The Hutte..... or will be after the kettle boils.    The Tour isn’t on the TV until 12.00 (highlights of the race so far) then Stage 16 at 13.00. 

Happy scarecrows at Rotomahana

18.30  It was 22C in Ivy garden this afternoon;  far too hot for ‘the boy’;  I was watching le Tour (another exciting stage) so the heat, and the high pollen levels, didn’t bother me.   The beach would have been busy with sun-lovers;  and I used to be a sun lover, enjoying the beach on days like this.... but when the temperature reaches 18C or so now, I begin to wilt.    It’s certainly brilliant weather for being on holiday:  or retired.    I can enjoy biking on days like this and might go somewhere tomorrow morning.... but it will have to be early:   the Tour is on the tele at 10.45 tomorrow.    Stage 17 is another mountain stage with big climbs, the top of the final climb being the steepest, highest.... and also the finish.

21.30    I had a wander to the beach an hour ago;  it is one of those balmy evening that you get after a hot day.  I could see that there was rain (heavy shower clouds) over to the West .... I don’t think we’re supposed to get showers tonight but you never know.

I’ve enjoyed today.... we need a decent spell of summer weather and, according to the

Beautiful, balmy evening.

weather forecast the next few days are going to be good.    When I go out at my time the air is perfect for me;   fortunately I am an early bird, and get most of my activities done before midday.... and the heat.    I had another good morning in the kitchen and ended up with five chicken casserole meals for the freezer.   Tomorrow should be a ‘play day’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....