Overcast and warm ....

24th July 2021 (Saturday)     07.00 ....   It’s another balmy, misty and warm

Exploring the 'Crookit Skellie' - Earlsferry.

morning with us, on the East coast, depending on the sun burning off the mist to give us a sunny afternoon;  whereas, away from the East coast, it is going to be sunny and hot (too hot) all day.   I haven’t been further than the front gate;  from which point I looked up Ferry Road, doon Ferry Road, and .... decided to have another cuppa.   It’s the weekend, so the villages will be extra busy.   Myra has invited ‘the Troops’ for morning coffee so I’ll do a bit of work, before biking up to Myra’s, to enjoy morrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee and ‘a sharing of village news’ at ‘No 3’. 

I think you might find this interesting.... Cycling in Holland – BBC News feature.

10.00   I’ve been keeping an eye on the men’s Olympics Road Race (Cycling)... before watching the final 25 kilometres.   The race, 220 kilometres, was in gruelling, humid and hot conditions:  Richard Carapaz (Ecuador) won Gold, with Silver and Bronze going to a photo finish between Wout Van Ert(Belgium), and Tadej Pogacar (Slovenia).  Exciting stuff.    The Women’s Road race is tomorrow (05.00). Time Trial’s are on Wednesday.   05.00 is a handy time on the TV for me.   I’ll try to watch some of the athletics too... especially the longer distance races.

The ‘boy’ (that’s me) has also been working....  so I am well ready for, and looking forward to morrrrrrrning coffee at Myra’s.

'Sea Queen' - the St Monans skiff.

16.30   I had an enjoyable hour and a half at Myra’s, for morrrrrrrning coffee (except I had tea);  the tea was excellent and the company outstanding.   I talked to much..... but then I always do:  I hope to calm down after I get used to mixing with crowds again.   I met Alison and Georgina, two of Myra’s friends, so there was a lot to talk about.    Since then I have been pottering about in the bedroom.   I extended my feather duster so that I didn’t need to use the steps to do the cornice... and stuff.    I’ll dust the television corner after this update.

As promised (by the weather forecasters) we have a sunny and hot afternoon;  too hot for me to be out in anyway, but I have seen plenty folk making for the beach.... I imagine it, the beach, will be busy.

20.30   It’s a beautiful evening;  and tomorrow is going to be another bonnie day .... with

Hydrangea.

the sun breaking through earlier according to the forecasters.   That’s good .... ‘cos I have a washing to hang out.   Janice and Michael’s  bedroom is nearly finished so I might take some ‘time out’ and have a run round the villages.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....