Misty and warm ....

4th July 2021 (Sunday)   “Happy Independence Day” to all my American friends;  on the 245th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. 

06.30 .... we have a misty and warm morning, but the sun is trying to break through so

'Jo'.

we should have sunny spells later.   Fife has a yellow warning for thunderstorms, effective from 10.00 until midnight.... so.... we might also have a few showers.   That could mean interesting clouds.     

08.30    My word .... ‘The Store’ was busy this morning, with auld people doing their shopping earlier;   I was the youngest there, apart from the Check out lassie.... who I am ‘in love’ with.    I went shopping because it was foggy, but  the sun had broken through by the time I got back to Elie and Earlsferry.   It is already warm and humid;  so we might well have heavy downpours.    I'm thinkin' that I’d best get out on the bike after this update:   slight ‘flap on’ now;  I need a cuppa after packing the shopping away, and before I go out on the bike.

17.30    I did a tour of the villages this morning and managed to get a few misty photos.... and I met Phil Cooke, a photographer from Windygates at the harbour.   However the highlight of today (no.... it wasn’t ‘e Tour).... was a visit from Jo (McKinnie) who was out for a walk and dropped in to say hello.   Jo is an Elie girl who now lives ‘down South’ (very down south ... the IOW), and is up visiting her sister Diana (Gillies). 


 We sat in The Hutte and chatted;  now that we can have visitors, I suddenly feel the need to tidy up The Hutte;  and to practice my coffee making skills!    Jo’s visit well overshadowed le Tour;  though Stage 9 was exciting at the end.    Tomorrow is the first ‘rest day’ for the competitors so I suppose I should have a ‘rest day’ too!   No....  I might just tidy up the Hutte!








20.00    The day began foggy and it’s ending foggy..... but at least we haven’t had any heavy downpours, or thunderstorms such as hit Edinburgh.    More persistent rain is going to spread north overnight, so first thing tomorrow morning might be damp.

Nae ‘plan’s for tomorrow;  most likely ‘ousework, making ready for Michael and Janice


arriving on the 28th, if it’s raining.   The Hutte must be tidied up, but not when it’s raining.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....