Cool breeze .....

2nd July 2021 (Friday)    08.00 .... it was warmer when I first went out


(05.30)  than it is now;  the sky has clouded over and there’s a cool breeze..... our weather has been changeable this year:  we need a decent spell of summer weather to help build us up for winter.   I heard, then saw, two  Curlews this morning.... presumably migrating ..... South!    There was a wee bit of activity at the harbour, but it didn’t have the buzz that a warm sunny day brings. 

16.30     Then sun broke through and we ended up with a sunny and warm afternoon;  though the onshore breeze was cool.    The boiler has been serviced (I caught up with the Colinsburgh news);  and I am well shattered after Stage 7 of the Tour.   The first two thirds were mostly flat and straight forward .... the last third hilly, with sair climbs.   Tomorrow (Stage 8) is the first of the mountain Stages so that is serious climbing:  I’ll be ‘seriously shattered’ tomorrow.


22.00    I have had a busy day, but everything is back to normal, in Ivy, after having the boiler serviced.    I did think about going out on the bike in the evening, once the roads were quieter, but it started to spit rain:  I now have a fully charged battery for tomorrow.... if the weather is amenable.    The forecast for tomorrow isn’t that exciting;  ‘light rain showers and a moderate breeze’... however we might be lucky and the showers be few and far between.    I have the Tour in the afternoon.

The evening has turned out cloudy with threatening looking clouds:  this has been a mixed up kind of summer so far.    There appears to be fewer than the usual number of Swallows and House Martins about.... and I have not seen a single Swift this year.   Maggie and I would sit out in the garden on a balmy Earlsferry evening, at the end of July beginning of August, and enjoy


the Swifts as they got themselves fired up to make the long journey back to Africa.   It’s sad to think that Swifts have probably been around Earlsferry, and Elie, for hundreds of years and are .......now birds of the past.   Sad, but a sign of the times I guess.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....