Warm and misty ....

19th July 2021 (Monday)     07.00 ....  there’s bit of mist this morning, but the

Fraser signwriting the St Monans skiff.

garden thermometer is already at 16C , so it’s going to be warm....  once the sun burns off the mist, which it should do by mid morning.     I’ve been up and wandering aboot the garden, admiring the greenness of it, ye Gods it’s wild but bonnie:  the ‘plan’ is to go for the paper later in the morning when the tide is higher.

10.30   We have an absolute cracker of a day;  bright, sunny and warm with a light breeze.... it will be hot in the afternoon.   I’ve been for the paper, and down to the harbour.... my word it’s a perfect day for the camera, and there was things happening all over.    We have a happy boy this bonnie morning;  who is about to make a mug o’ coffee to have at Chapel Green.   Enjoy your day.

13.00    I enjoyed morning coffee at Chapel Green;  loads of folk out enjoying the morning sun  including Suzanne, who was litter picking her way round the path.... and had picked up a lot of litter, in the 200 metres (approx) she had covered since leaving her house    Suzanne (was in need of a rest) stopped to chat for a while, before continuing on her mission, ... and me with mine;  which was to take a few action photos of Elie Bay.  The afternoon I shall spend in Ivy, with occasional sorties up to ‘The Hutte’: “only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun” (Rudyard Kipling writing about India). 


  
21.30   At long last we are enjoying a summery spell of weather;  with almost the same temperature as ‘sunny Sussex’:  but they had a thunderstorm in the afternoon so that would cool part of ‘sunny Sussex’ down for a time. 

Our holiday makers are certainly getting the weather to make their holiday in Elie and Earlsferry (and the wider East Neuk), a memorable one.   Elie Bay had all sort of water activities going on.... from paddle boarders through to speed boats;  with the beach dotted with families taking in the sun.   This was at midday;  I stay out of the heat in the afternoon, when I imagine it would be even busier.   Parking is a major problem, especially at weekends.   

I’ve got the hang of doing things in the morning, then staying out of the heat in the afternoon;  in fact I find that going for the paper at 08.00(ish) is OK as long as I pick up the paper on the way to the harbour etc.... before the streets are too busy.   And I find myself getting back into the habit of conversing with everybody now that I feel more relaxed after the jabs.   However I can’t help but feel that ‘letting COVID rip’ (as they are doing in England) could be a mistake.   I daresay we shall find out in a month or so.

We’re going to have another cosy night again;  that said, I had a good night’s sleep last


night, and look forward to another one tonight.   It’s the night cap that does it;  wearing a woollie hat in bed made all the difference!   Only joking.... it’s what I added to the chocolate that did it!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....