Gorgeous morrrrrrrning ....

3rd July 2021 (Saturday)    08.30 .... we have a gorgeous, warm and sunny,


morning;   I’m hoping the haar stays out at sea.   I’ve been for the paper (and milk) and will get the bike out after breakfast:  I’m going to be brave and attempt the harbour in the middle of the morning..... before The Toft becomes too busy.   Must ‘go’ .... “slight flap on” .... I’m ‘ungry.








10.30   There was much going on all over the place this morning.... and I had a pleasure run round the villages after breakfast.   Now I am ‘ungry again; so it’s coffee, and goodie, time.    The weather is a bit ‘funny’.... it was spitting rain (lightly) on and off but nothing to stop me using the camera, a few times. 


17.00    My word ... Stage 8 had to be watched all the way through (apart from the adverts which allowed me time to make cuppas);   because so much was happening all the time.    Mountain Stages always are... and this year’s Tour is turning out to be totally different to previous Tour’s when one Team dominated, and controlled, what was going on:  the made for boring watching.   Sky was the worst offender;  but the drugs scandal sorted them out.   That team is now called INEOS Grenadiers... and is based in Manchester   I am absolutely shattered after all that climbing.... but not as tired as Tadej Pogacar (Slovenian) who had an epic ride today.... and took over the Yellow Jersey.


Race officials calculate who has the fastest accumulated time for the race at the end of each Stage, and that cyclist ends up with the Yellow Jersey.

21.30    It’s been a dull and wet evening but the sky is beginning to break up now so it should be a brighter again by tomorrow.    ‘Light rain with a gentle breeze’ is the forecast and that isn’t ‘iggzactly’ exciting.   I hope to circumnavigate the villages at some point tomorrow, but it won’t be in the afternoon because Stage 9 of ‘le Tour is another mountain stage.   Monday is a ‘rest day’ on the Tour, so, that’s when I’ll have a look at the garden.   I might even do some ‘work’ thing.

The sky that was breaking up half an hour ago has closed in again so the ‘light rain’,


mentioned in the forecast, might be with us in the morning.   England are leading 2 – 0 in their quarter final game against Ukraine... I’d better go and watch the end of the game.

There's a Yellow warning for heavy showers/ thunderstorms for Fife tomorrow.... but that will mean the West of Fife;   I hope.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....