Warm and humid ....

11th July 2021 (Sunday)     06.00 .... the garden thermometer is at 16C so it is

Anstruther beach.

already warm, with the sun beginning to break through the clouds.   Showers are forecast for the afternoon ... some heavy .... so there should be interesting clouds around;  the actual showers might miss us, as they often do.

10.00   Anstruther harbour was on my mind this morning;  so that is where I was at 06.30....and it was beautiful.    I didn’t go out on the pier, because part of the ‘plan’ was to go to the Store and do some shopping... which I did at 07.20. The tide was on the ebb and everything was so calm,.... even Shore Road was quiet.   Had it been an incoming tide I would have pottered around the harbour longer.... and  gone out on the West pier.   As it was it started to spit rain (not heavily.... but annoyingly) so I went and did the shopping.    It was raining heavily enough to need intermittent wipers, for a wee while, on the way home,  however it didn’t last long and the sun was breaking through by the time I got back to Ivy.    I came home via Colinsburgh Filling Station.   The ‘plan’ is to go out on the bike sometime today;  but this is a hilly/mountain day on le Tour.... so it will be later in the afternoon by the time I ‘go out to play’.    Is there no' some other sporting event on today?   I'm sure I saw something on the BBC News.


18.00    We had one of those sultry days .... and I ended up with a ‘thundery’ headache.... and that only cleared when the rain came about 16.00.     However I spent most of the time doing Soduko’s, reading the paper and watching le Tour.    This year’s Tour has been more like the good ‘old fashioned’ tours we had before Sky came and took over ... controlling the race from the front.    Good for Sky, but not good viewing (I used to watch the roll out.... then the last three quarters of an hour) and therefore not good for the advertisers.   The Sky team has been ‘taken over’ and call themselves Ineos Grenadiers now.   Today’s stage (15) had breakaways and stuff going on from beginning to end... exciting to watch.   Tomorrow is the ‘rest day’;  We are in the Pyrenees now with stiff climbs, so I will also have a rest day tomorrow.

It looks like the rain has ended any plans I had of going out on the bike;   having said that it, the rain, appears to be moving away so I may go for a turn round the villages in the evening. 

  20.30   I’ve locked up The Hutte;  now it’s time for bedtime mug o’ chocolate then

Anstruther.

browse the TV Channels for something to watch.   The threat of showers is still around;  and it’s cooler now.   Hopefully it will be a bonnie morrrrrrrning .... the forecast is ‘nae bad’.... showers with sunny spells.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....