Warm and sunny ....

16th July 2021 (Friday)    06.00 .... Elie and Earlsferry an wall to wall to wall blue


skies go well together;  it’s one of those balmy mornings, and already warm .... the start of another gorgeous day, after a warm night.    It was uncomfortably warm last night;  I eventually gave up trying to sleep and had a shower at 10 minutes to 5 .... now I’m ready to go out to play.   I’ll fall asleep watching the Tour this afternoon.   Orf to have another cuppa.

08.00    I’m ready to ‘rock ‘n roll’ now .... having been for the paper (in the car ‘cos I needed milk) and down at the harbour for a quick look.     All is good in Elie and Earlsferry this morning;  the beach is quiet, but ready for occupation and action.... and will be busy in a wee while;  as ever, parking will be the problem for day trippers at the Ferry.    I’m having breakfast then I’ll get the bike out and go for a ‘run’.

Hungarian Vizla.

19.00   I decided to bike out to Ruddon’s Point;  I fancied a change of scenery and a ‘butterfly browse’.    I saw plenty butterflies, but they weren’t settling for long.   I did see two Fritillaries, a load of Meadow Browns and small Blue, and managed to photograph a Small Blue and a few Meadow Browns.... but the Fritillaries were too jumpy.   Oh .... before I forget and when it’s on my mind;  I saw a pair of Swifts at Kinneuchar yesterday morning;  hopefully they will have nested and be raising a brood.   I haven’t seen a single Swift over Elie and Earlsferry this year.... though they may have migrated over.

Stage 19 of the Tour was supposed to end with the sprinters barging towards the line;  it didn’t end that way.    There was a breakaway, then a single cyclist broke away from the breakaway with 20 kilometres to go, and won.  

22.00    It has been hot this afternoon... and evening:  it was 25C in the garden (shade temperature) at 19.00 .... and it’s warm yet.   Could be an uncomfortable night for sleeping.... but I’m reading a good book just now! it looks like being another warm day tomorrow so let’s enjoy the summer weather when we’ve got it.

I saw my first Swift over Earlsferry about five minutes ago.... but if this is them just


arriving they are awfie late.... about two months!   Swifts mate for life (approx 15 years) so I hope the mate is already here and sitting on eggs.   It will be interesting to see if we do have a ‘screech’ of Swifts in August.

When I was out at Ruddon’s Point I met Moira Laurie out walking her dog.    Many of you will know her via her old photographs contribution to Elie and Earlsferry Photos.   I also came across Robert Innes (Artist) set up, and painting, at the mouth of the Cocklemill Burn.   My run out to Ruddon’s Point was very interesting and enjoyable.    I must do it oftener.

.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....