Sunny and warm ....

1st July 2021 (Thursday)   11.30 .... The tide is on the way out so we will have a


big beach today.... and it’s going to be ‘warm and sunny, a day for the beach.   I’ve on the ‘paper run’ (I forgot the paper).... round the villages and through the estate;   I got back to Ivy two hours (and 232 clicks)  later;   hungry and happy.  There was a lot going on, all over the place, hence the number of ‘clicks’.









21.00   It was a perfect day for a washing;  it has been a perfect day for ‘playing’ too but I didn’t have time for that.... not only did I do the washing I ironed it too, and double sheets are not my favourite things to iron.   I have Charlie coming to service the boiler tomorrow so won’t be going out to play in the morning;  but I will go for the paper first thing.

Stage 6 of The Tour was another sprinters stage.... and won by Mark Cavendish, who also won the first sprinter’s Stage (4).   Tomorrow’s stage, from Vierson to Le Creusot, is the longest in this year’s Tour.... 249.1 kilometres (154.7 miles) and hilly, so it will be scenic.  


We’ve had a really lovely day, very summerlike;  even the onshore breeze didn’t feel cool, but that was maybe because I was pottering around Ivy all day, and was sheltered from aforementioned breeze.   I see the sky has clouded over with some serious looking clouds but I don’t think rain is forecast for tonight..... but there might be a light shower or two.

I eventually worked my way through the photographs I ‘took’ this morning, dumping any OOF (out of focus) and other ones I didn’t like;  that left me with 163 to ‘play’ with .... when I’m ‘auld’.

Tomorrow is more or less taken care of with Charlie coming.... and I have plenty to do getting organised for Janice and Michael coming on 28th July;  plus the Tour for 3 hours in the afternoon (which I watch intermittently).

The KY 9 forecast for tomorrow is; ‘sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’.... the gentle


breeze being from the easterly direction.    The East half of the compass seems to be the prevailing wind direction now.... and it’s not my favourite direction;  as you all know.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....