Windy but not cold....


12th June 2020 (Friday)    07.30 .... After a wild night (wind) there’s still a
Elie pier.
fresh breeze blowin’ this morning.... but it isn’t as cold as you might expect it to be.      Having been for the paper and to the harbour, the car is now moored up for the weekend.    I’m hoping that the wind will moderate later today and that I get the bike out tomorrow morning:  I very much doubt if I’ll be biking today..... the forecast is ‘windy with sunny spells' for the morning’ .... but there's the possibility of precipitation in the afternoon.



11.30    The latest ‘Master Plan’ is for me to make ‘Sheepherder’s Pies’ with the lamb mince I bought yesterday.... this should give me at least five meals to freeze.   It’s a good day for working in the kitchen ‘cos is still very windy so there’s little chance of me going out on the bike today.    I shall have ‘morning coffee’ before peeling potatoes.

I read in my paper this morning that families who have lost loved ones to COVID-19 want an inquiry into the Government’s handling of the crisis to begin immediately.    There’s absolutely nae chance of that happening;  not until ...... that arrogant character? ....Dominic Cummings, comes up with excuses oops I mean reasons, for the
Geoff with a real 'keeker'.
way they (our glorious leaders) have reacted.   The ongoing Brexit debacle (nearly forgotten) should take the eye off COVID-19 when it hots up again ... that would be  good time to have an inquiry.    Moan over.... must ‘go’ .... tautties to peel.... and coffee to have. 


     20.00    The wind moderated a little after lunch so I went out on the bike, but only through Elie Estate to be sheltered from the wind;  I stopped at Geoff’s to get a photo of his black eye.... as Myra said  “it’s a ‘keeker” and it certainly is!    He is looking fine (apart from the bruises) but is still feeling a bit groggy.    Dan, Geoff’s son is here to make sure he (Geoff) rests.   I continued with my exercise through the estate, which was quieter today.   The main road was busier.
Before going out I made three Shepherds Pies for the freezer and have another packet of lamb mince to make 4 more tomorrow.   Don’t want to do all the ‘work’ on one day.

There’s a pair of Collared Doves nesting in the Rowan Tree and the first one of the
I like green .... and Ivy garden is green!.
eggs hatched this morning.... because I found half an egg shell at the back door.   What a day to hatch out.    Luckily it isn’t cold.  

Light rain showers and a moderate breeze is the forecast for tomorrow;   how light... and how frequent the showers are will determine what I do ... apart from going for the paper.    I’ve got plenty that I can do ... and more that I need to do;  I feel tired already!

A 'hot chocolate' before bedtime seems a good idea tonight;  the sky is grey and it has been raining so not very pretty outside.   



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....