Mistier ....



25th June 2020 (Thursday)     07.00 .... There’s a cool easterly breeze and
Kincraig cliffs.
it’s misty so it’s unlikely to be as warm as it was yesterday.... not on the coast anyway;  it will be hot further inland .... at Colinsburgh and Kinneuchar..   It’s a bonnie enough morning just the same but cooler;  I know this because I’ve been up to Chapel Green.   The fog will clear away quickly.     It will be hot in Ivy garden and that’s where I’ll be after I go for the paper... I might even pull a couple of weeds.

Lovely morning.
08.30    The mist has cleared and we have a lovely day... albeit a wee bit cooler than yesterday.    I’ve been for the paper and  down to the harbour then through the estate:   apart from litter everything is where it should be.  I’d have picked the litter at the harbour but it would be contaminated and I didn’t have a picker with me.    The estate road was quiet this morning....only one jogger and one dog walker.
The ‘plan’ is to spend most of the day in the garden and The Hutte:  er .... having been on the ‘go’ since five o’clock I may well have ‘50’;  I usually do.

Thunder/heavy showers are forecast for the late afternoon on Friday.    There already is a big thunderstorm at the south end of the Caledonian canal but it is moving north west so thunder is in the air.... but not here.


17.30    The temperature reached 20C on the garden thermometer this afternoon.... 4
Muircambus Meal Mill.
degrees less than yesterday’s high.... comfortably warm for me:  in fact I went out on the bike in the middle of the afternoon up to West Muircambus Farm, through Shell Bay woods then home by Grangehill.   I enjoyed that.

I read in the paper today that the five mile travel limit is to be lifted on 3rd July;  this means I can go to Crail, Dysart and Kinghorn as long as I take my own coffee and sandwiches.   I look forward to that.

Shell Bay woods.
21.00     No ‘plans’ for tomorrow, other than going for the paper and pottering around in the garden and The Hutte and enjoying this spell of good weather.   I might have ago at cleaning the windows before the summer visitors arrive;  I’ll start with the wee bedroom (computer room) at the back.... it’s easy to get at!  

The ‘Thrush’ family are doing well... they brought one of their offspring into the garden yesterday.   The male was in an amorous mood yesterday .... it must have been the hot weather;  anyway he has designs on another brood!    She was giving him the “for Gawds sake is that aw you think of!” look.   This is the first time I have had a ‘tame’ thrush.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....