Northeast wind ....


11th June 2020 (Thursday)     07.00 ....  There’s still a lot of cloud about but
Earlsferry this morning.
we do get patches of blue sky now and again so it looks like being a ‘sunny spells’ kind of day .... but a cool one because the fresh wind is from the Northeast (F5 out in Largo Bay)  and there’s considerable wind chill.   I should get the bike out once the sun breaks through but it will be the winter biking jacket.  

  
10.00   ‘ The boy’ is feeling frisky this morning and has been for a walk (up to the Pony Field and round by the third tee;  there’s loads of fresh air about this morning!    (I use the word ‘walk’ mostly to kid myself on!I’m hoping to get out on the bike, after I’ve been to Ardross Farm Shop to pick up a shopping order;    and had walk round the shop.   That’s the ‘Master Plan’ for this morning.   It is now coffee time... which is going to be my own ‘make’ as the cold  wind has meant Myra having to cancel coffee at No 3.

19.00    Ardross Farm Shop was busy today:  Gillian brought out my order but I decided to skip going into the shop until Sunday morning when it should be quieter.   All I wanted to do was have a browse and pick up some ‘goodies’ .... such as ice cream and some other sweets.
  
Kinneuchar loch.
By midday the weather was summer like (as it should be) so I decided to get the bike out and go to the Chemist’s to pick up my prescription then  I’d come home by way of Balbuthie road.     That plan was rapidly changed when I saw how busy the main road was:  I picked up the prescription then went to the harbour.    The tide was well out so there was nothing happening there though I met Steve on his way to the harbour as I was going up the Toft.

Elie Estate road was busy with walkers;  I can cope with walkers.   Everywhere is
Rhododendrons by the estate road.
becoming busier.... I think the East Neuk villages could be choc-a-bloc with holiday makers this summer.    This could be a double edged sword;  good for the economy .... bad because it will hugely increase the chances of the virus reaching the East Neuk.

Tomorrow is forecast to be breezy with sunny spells early, with light rain coming over later in the afternoon.... and it’s to be warmer.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....