Misty and humid ....


27th June 2020 (Saturday)      10.00  .... Once the thick fog clears away we
Elie harbour.
could have a nice day though light showers are forecast for the afternoon.     My word ... I did enjoy the paper run this morning having got a load of ‘Elie on a foggy morning’ photos; 105 to be exact (after I dumped any I didn’t like).   It’s one of those really peaceful mornings;  the water wasn't flopping  onto the sand....just rising like someone (soundlessly) filling a bath.   It hasn’t all been good because I’ve had another migraine (weather):   there was a huge thunder storm off the coast from Fife up to Fraserburgh. 
.   The storm is now petering out over Orkney and the Pentland Firth.    It’s the migraine season.


18.30     The second heavy shower (with thunder and lightning) this afternoon certainly cleared my head.... and washed Ferry Road;  a lot of water fell in a very short time.   In between the showers it lovely with loads of interesting clouds.... but you have to keep a weather eye on them, when they do drop their contents  it’s feels like it’s in  one lump.   The showers are to be with us all night and most of tomorrow.  There should be some interesting clouds around again.

'Steaming' Earlsferry beach.
We had a lovely lunch at Geoff’s ... duck and salad rolled in pancakes with hoisin sauce;  no cutlery required and social distancing maintained.   Geoff uses Farmfoods in Leven.... Maggie and I used to go there but I have never been since Maggie died.   I will remedy that once the 5 mile ‘rool’ is shelved.   I have a proper face mask, as recommended for use in shops, so I feel that I could go into a bigger shop now and again.   I’ve only been in Elie ‘paper shop’ and the Chemist since the week before lockdown began (23rd March).

I had a walk to the beach after I got back from Geoff’s... the hot sun had the beach steaming after the first shower but you could see the next shower coming in so I didn’t stay down there long.   I was back in Ivy about 20 minutes before the first rumble of thunder. 

21.00    It has been an interesting and enjoyable day... and the sky is still interesting; 
Earlsferry High Street.
in fact I’d go to the beach but it’s raining (not heavily) so I’ll make a cuppa instead.


 Although I am mostly active in the early morning I still feel part of a community;  the camaraderie that came with the ‘Clap Hands for Carers’ is still there, but with me being an early morning person (always have been) I don’t see my neighbours regularly, as we did with the Clap for Carer’s’.   I did see Felix (piper) yesterday but didn’t recognise him on a bike with his helmet on.   It was only when I saw him stop at 'Abbotsford' that I realised it was Felix.   I am going to make a point of enjoying this summer’ cos when everybody goes away at the end of it,‘The Ferry’ is going to be one really quiet village.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....