Misty ...


14th June 2020 (Sunday)     09.00 ... For some reason I woke up at 02.45 in
Elie.
the middle of the night, feeling bright eyed and bushy-tailed, and didn’t get back to sleep until nearly 04.00;  the last time I remember was 03.55 (I taken to  reading my book‘Little Dorrit’) before I finally dropped off again.   At one point I was thinking of getting up to catch the sunrise at 04.25 ... but it was misty so that was a non starter.   I finally got ‘up’ at 08.00 (no longer ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’) and, having been out to have a look at the weather, promptly had the urge to go back to bed again:  we have Scotch Mist coming in from the North Sea so not a pleasant morning.... but it is warm.   I imagine that it will be ‘sunny and hot’ from Dunfermline westwards, and that we might get a sunny spell later.   There’s a big thunder storm out in the North Sea heading for Aberdeenshire so it should miss us.... though we could get the side effects;   thundery headaches etc.    I need breakfast and another cuppa to help get me fired up .... the shower helped but the ‘get up and go’ feeling’ that I had in the middle of the night, has gone....  for the time being.



Elie.
11.30   The Scotch Mist relented and I got the bike out and went searching for my ‘get up and go’.... and found it nae bother;  at the paper shop then down at the harbour;   someone to talk to no matter how short the conversation.   I couldn’t talk long in the paper shop as there was queue but I met John and Marion at the harbour (they were going out on their boat) and had a long chat with them.   Now I am feeling ‘frightfully frisky’.      The sky is beginning to look more promising so I might get the bike out again after midday though I expect the streets will be busy.

 21.00    Instead of going on the bike in the afternoon I had a couple of short walks;  one to the beach and the other up to the golf course.   Walking can be frustrating nowadays when I think of the speed I could walk at (and run).   Now it’s stop start .... and slow but as far as I am concerned it’s ‘walking’.     The sky remained overcast all day except for one brief (five minutes) sunny spell late in the afternoon.... but, apart from the dullness it has been warm and pleasant enough.... in fact the beach was busy.   The golf course was quiet but that walk was an early evening one.   The weather
Collared Dove nest in the Rowan Tree.
for tomorrow is going to be much the same as today.   It’s funny but even though it was pleasant enough out today had the sky been blue is would have made a huge difference as to how I felt:  that said I am not keen on winds from the Easterly direction.

‘M’ is able to go to the Riverstone Cafe (Otaki NZ) for morning coffee as per normal so things are ‘back to normal (as in the old normal) in New Zealand.   I don’t think that’s likely to happen for older folk here.   The pictures, from the two illegal ‘raves’ in Manchester attended by 6000 young folk, said it all.

Nae plan for tomorrow...I am hoping to bike up for the paper and go through Elie Estate but it depends on whether we have Scotch Mist at that time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....