Bright and breezy ....


6th June 2020 (Saturday)     07.30 .... The rain has moved away and we have
Shell Bay beach.
a ‘bright and breezy’ morning with the ‘chance of light rain showers’ .... a bonnie morning and I should get out on the bike but I might leave that until after breakfast;  by then I’ll see if the showers are coming our way.   Some of the clouds do look ominous.... and I need another cuppa.


08.30    One of the light showers is rattling it’s way over just now.... and it’ isn’t very light; in fact there’s a dismal look to the sky.    I am glad that I decided to leave going out until later, when the threat of showers is forecast to diminish.    In the meantime I am going to so some ‘ooverin’ and dustin’. 


The Lomond Hills.

19.00    The ominous clouds disappeared rapidly and we ended up with fluffy cotton wool ones.... and a beautiful day.    I did a wee bit in the garden then, after lunch I decided to go out on the bike;  by this time the wind had dropped and it was warm and sunny.   I ended up out at Ruddon’s Point (Shell Bay) and had an enjoyable afternoon pottering.    When I left Ivy I wasn’t sure where I was going so went up the Ferry Road and joined the main road at Broomlees.... well;   going but the number of cars on the road every village and hamlet, and farm within a 5 mile radius of Elie and Earlsferry must have been empty.... my word the road was busy..... the busiest I’ve seen it since March.   I eventually crossed over to the east side (of the road) to talk to Ester and John who were out for their exercise.   We chatted for a bit then went our separate ways;  me up to the Shell Bay road at Kinneuchar Station, Ester and John to finish their walk.
Would you believe it.... Shell Bay car park was loaded with cars.... obviously everyone was  taking advantage of the lovely afternoon.   Shell Bay caravan site is closed but
Walkers on the Coastal path.
you can get in walking or with a bike.... and the caravan park had a good number of both.   With ‘light cloud and a gentle breeze’ forecast for tomorrow... the roads and our wee villages could be busy again.    There’s a ‘low chance of precipitation’.



21.00    Would you believe it;  it’s raining: Not very heavily....  but wet.   Overnight rain would be very welcome and I think that is what is forecast;  clearing away first thing in the morning followed by a cloudy and mostly dry ‘tomorrow’.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....