Wet morning ....


10th June 2020 (Wednesday)     08.30 ....’Light rain and light winds’ is the
Elie High Street.
forecast for our area today with the rain petering out by lunchtime;  hopefully followed by sunny spells.   There has been light rain all morning so far but the sun is breaking through so we might have a bonnie afternoon.   I went to the beach and though it was raining it didn’t bother me too much;  if the weather does improve I might get out on the bike later.... though the forecast is for us to have 'light rain' for most of the day.
As is my norm I went to the harbour after the ‘paper shop’ and met David down there.... I had seen ‘Our Christine’ (David’s creel boat) on the bay when I was on the beach.    David’s was telling me that his Dad, ‘Cameron’ had died and that the funeral was next week.   Of course funerals are limited to the immediate family.   However the cortege is going to pass through Earlsferry and go to the harbour before interment at Kinneuchar.


The harbour.
11.00    The sun has been trying hard to break through but the cloud thickens and shuts it out again;  the ‘light rain’ is still with us so it looks like no biking today.    I have done one vital thing;   made up a list for Ardross which I’ll pick up.... probably tomorrow.   Having done that I now think I deserve a mug of coffee.... and a Caramel Wafer.   Small ‘flap on’ now .... got to find the Caramel Wafers.... I bought a pack of four yesterday.


14.30     Good news..... Geoff is coming home this afternoon;   Ronnie and Christine are picking him up from the ‘Vic’ as I type.    The problem  (an imbalance) has been sorted and he should be ‘right as rain’ in ‘nae time’.    The expression ‘right as rain’ was first recorded in England 1894 ...  and is thought to refer to the British weather.   I found the Caramel Wafers .... in the car!


20.30    Geoff is back home and I have been talking to him on the phone;  he s had a really good check over in hospital and one of his pills changed.   He reckons he’ll have a rest day tomorrow.
 Rest day? .... I’ve had one of those today.   The rain did peter out late in the afternoon
Wet look Ferry High Street.
.... and the sun broke through for quick blink .... but was soon hidden behind low cloud  again.... and still is.   I never did get the bike out.... however tomorrow is going to be better and I should be biking for the paper in the morning.

I’ve done some work in Ivy.... tidied up some papers, and shredded a lot.... and some dustin’

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....