Early morning mist ....


13th June 2020 (Saturday)    06.30 ....Dearie me .... we have a misty start to
He is a lonely looking boy.
the day but the sun should burn it back by mid morning leaving us with sunny spells and light showers.    The wind is light... and ... (as ever it seems nowadays) from the Easterly direction but not cold.    I think it will have to be the car to go for the paper because it’s one of those skies out of which spits and spots of rain could come at any time.



08.30    Taking the car was a good idea;  the fog turned to wetting Scotch Mist.... so it’s not a pleasant morning just now.   I’ve got the paper, and a packet of Werther’s Originals (yep – it’s that kind of morning)... been to the harbour and the car is now moored up for the rest of the weekend hopefully.   The villages are busy, in fact there was a queue at the ‘paper shop’ at 06.45.   The ‘community’  we had in Earlsferry for the past 10 weeks or so has been swamped.... and I was enjoying the friendliness of it all.  
We’re supposed to have ‘sunny spells with light rain showers’ by lunch time but I don’t think I’ll be going out on the bike today.... the streets and roads will be far too busy by then.    The way the weather is just now it’s a morning for the computer, reading the paper and finding something decent to watch on the tele.   I haven’t been up to  unlock The Hutte yet.


Felix at Ivy Cottage gate.
17.00    When I was in the kitchen this afternoon, sorting out my last batch of mince for Shepherd’s Pies,  I suddenly heard the bagpipes then saw Felix passing the kitchen window.   I grabbed the wee camera and rushed to the front door to find Felix’s Mum (why didn’t I ask her name?) at the door with scones and Felix playing the pipes at the front gate.   Up till this point I’d been bemoaning the fact that the ‘sunny spells’ forecast for today had been somewhat sparse  (none) .... until now.... suddenly my day had brightened and I was no longer ‘down in the dumps’.   Lately I have been really enjoying feeling part of a local community;   a community that has been knitted together by the ‘Clap Hands for Carers’ when lots of people appeared on the street at 19.00 to show appreciation, of the work done by Doctors, Nurses, and Carers all over the UK during this COVID-19 crisis.   The contribution by Felix and Hamish (our pipers) was absolutely brilliant and huge .... they could lay claim to having 'done a lot of the knitting' that gave us our ‘new Earlsferry'.     I'm lovin' it.


19.00    Well ... although the weather has been grey with a slight brightening of the sky in the evening I have enjoyed myself.... thanks mostly to Felix and his mum this afternoon.     The Shepherd’s Pies I was in the process of doing are ready for the
The harbour.
freezer:   so that too has cheered me up no end.    I can't leave the kitchen for any length of time nowadays when cooking;  not without a timer to remind me of the fact.   Its a few years since I burnt mince:  I threw the pan out.
Tomorrow is going to be another grey day so I might have a lie in;  the forecast doesn’t make me think ‘bike’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....