Misty and warm ....


26th June 2020  (Friday)     06.30 .... it’s misty and humid;    not the maist
Looking towards Earlsferry from The Toft.
exciting looking morning.... and there’s yellow warning for heavy thundery showers, from midday through to tomorrow at 09.00.    There are already lightning strikes in Northwest of England and the Southwest of Scotland so it looks like the thundery showers will reach us as per forecast.   Orf to get the paper.



08.00     The fog is thicker than I thought at first.... a nice enough morning otherwise.   I changed my mind and took the car up for the paper (thought it needed a run);  the bike will be staying in The Hutte today I’m thinkin’ because it looks like rain isn’t far away and I started the morning with a migraine.
The beach at 09.30.

11.00     I’ve been out on the bike (which is now being charged).... only round the villages to get a few foggy’ photos, but it was enjoyable, having met and talked to Anne (Dunlop) on the way along Liberty then Steve at the harbour.   The thunder has been ‘put back’ to evening time.   I was going to say that I have a thundery headache but, I’ve just remembered, that will be the migraine and not the weather.  (I’ve taken a couple of pills so I’ll fall asleep in the Hutte).   The earlier thunder storms over Glasgow way have all faded out.... so we could have a nice, but possibly misty, afternoon.


14.30     The bike is fully charged and I fancy going out but there’s been one lightning
After the rain.
strike in the Star of Markinch area so that idea was short lived.    There’s a thunderstorm moving towards Edinburgh from the Galalshiels but thunder isn’t supposed to reach Fife until the evening.   I’ll have a cuppa then check the Lightning site again.

16.30   We had a couple of rumbles of thunder with lightning strikes in Largo Bay and Largoward and a spell of heavy rain.... but the rain has stopped and the sky is clearing.   I’ll have a wander to the beach to how the clouds are;  and how busy the beach is.


The hole.
21.00    When I went out intending to go to the beach I had a sudden change of ‘plan’, ....there’s a big hole been dug in Ferry Road and holes  need to be looked at;  so I ended up going for a walk on the golf course and to get there I had to pass the hole.   It’s a good hole;  I’ve seen deeper holes, but this one is interesting nonetheless.   I browsed it (the hole) then wandered up to the Pony Field and along the top of the quarry.   Everything looked fresh after the heavy rain, the sky was busy and I was content.

Mixed weather forecast for tomorrow so it’s unlikely that I’ll get out biking.... however I have other things to do

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....