Cool ... correction...it's cold...



8th June 2020 (Monday)     06.30 ....’Light cloud with a gentle breeze’ is our
It's good to see the golfers on the course again.
forecast for today;  the breeze is from the northerly direction (and it ain’t that light) unfortunately so there’s a wintry feel to the air.... a nice morning, but cool for June.   I think if we had more summer-like temperatures and weather, like it was a couple of weeks ago, we’d feel happier .... having to wear my winter jacket when on the bike is not what I expected to be doing in June.   There’s plenty heat coming from the Sun it’s the wind that’s the problem.  Now .... this is hard to believe.... but I’ve just seen five geese flying south so it’s not just me that thinks its cold for June!     I need a cuppa!


09.30    Monday is ‘ousework day... when I spend an hour in the kitchen and bathroom, ooverin’ and dustin’ and dumping the newspapers that have accumulated over the past week;  need to make room for this week’s ones.   I’ve been a busy boy.    Now I’m thinking garden .... and I have yet to go for the paper!

Kinneuchar kirk this afternoon.
13.30   I’ve had to abandon The Hutte because of noise and fume pollution from a petrol driven mower and, what sounded like two strimmers in a nearby garden..... gardening used to be a relaxing job.   I suppose it’s just a case of ‘hit and run’ and send in the bill nowadays.   Anyway by the sound of it shouldn’t be long before they are finished (it began just before midday).... but I’d say that things are back to ‘normal’ as far as modern gardening goes.

The weather is looking settled now albeit with a cool wind;  I’m wondering if I should go out on the bike:  I think I will but I need to have ‘50’ first.   The noise has stopped (it lasted for almost ‘iggzactly’ an hour and a quarter) so I’ll go back out to the Hutte again and do a Soduko.... that almost always guarantees to have me dozing off in ‘nae time’.


18.00     I went out by Ardross and up Balbuthie Loan on the bike this afternoon;  the
Elie this afternoon.
cold easterly wind was bothersome until I got to the bottom of the Loan.... from then onthe wind was mostly in my favour.   I’m not going to do that run again in the afternoon .... the main road was busy with all kinds of traffic.    Elie Estate road was busy at the Boat House so I went round the ‘Core Path’;   a not very interesting path.


21.00   I forgot to mention that I went up to Chapel Green (actually the seat by the Kincraig Interpretation Board) on a mission to get a photo of  golfers on the tenth with the cliffs behind them.... and I am a happy boy, having got exactly what I wanted.    It’s good to see the course alive again.   I might go up earlier in the afternoon tomorrow so that Kincraig cliffs are better lit:  the forecast is good so I might take a mug of coffee and chocolate biscuit.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....