Change of 'air' ....



19th June 2020 (Friday)    08.00 .... There’s still a bit of drizzle falling,  at
Hmmmmm .... bad hair day!
the end of what looks like a good night of rain precipitation.   The good news is that there’s a change of ‘air’;   my breathing is easier, even although the pollen, UV and pollution levels are all Medium....  and the wind from the easterly direction.    I’m feeling playful again.... regrettably it’s not weather for playing (outside) just now:  I’ve been for the paper and enjoyed a short walk at the harbour and the sky has promising patches of paler grey in places.... we might end up with sunny spells in the afternoon.     Having said that;  the Fife Weather cams are all looking ‘grey’ so it might take a while for the sky to break up.    It’s breakfast time.


11.00    The drizzle has stopped and Ferry Road is beginning to dry.... so, although it’s still overcast, the weather is beginning to improve:  Having said that, and just to stop us from getting too excited, there’s a weather warning out for Fife.... for thunder storms in the evening.   I guess it never rains but it pours.

Kincraig cliffs in the haar.
My 'plan' for today is to read through  my ongoing ‘writing’ project, tidying up bits and pieces as I go, and then start writing ‘The End’ piece.   It’s grand day for doing that.

18.00    We ended up with a nice afternoon though the haar came over in 15.00:   but even then it was warm.  I went up to Chapel Green then down to the harbour and home by way of South Street and the Breakwater.   As you’d expect on such a bonnie afternoon the beach was busy;  and boats out on the water.   On the way home I met up with Dod (Gordon) who was having a turn round the village on his new battery assisted bike.   George’s bike has a bigger range than mine;  he could go to Dalgety Bay but he’d have to find somewhere to stay the night while the bike battery was being charged.... but Crail is welll within his range:   Not for the next three or four months because the roads will be too busy.   Actually I could probably get to Crail with careful use of the battery on my bike.


21.00    The Yellow Warning (thunderstorms) for Fife  is active today from 16.00 to 23.59 but, although overcast, the heavy rain/thunderstorms have not materialised, and
Peaceful afternoon.
I hope it stays that way as I plan to go to Balcarres  and I want the roads to be dry.    The wind is supposed change to the West overnight with a nice day forecast for tomorrow.    There’s a load of  lightning strikes all over Central and Western Europe but not one on the UK.
I’m tired tonight I can’t understand why because I haven’t done much physical work though I did do a fair amount of ‘computer stuff’.   I'm wondering if I should get up early to catch the sunrise tomorrow at 04.23 (Summer Solstice) but it looks like being wet.   I’ll have a look out at 04.00 just to check what the weather is doing and make my mind up then.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....