Lovely morning ... but cold.


4th June 2020 (Thursday)    09.00 .... Although cold it’s a bonnie morning
Sea Tangle road to West Bay and Kincraig cliffs.
and I have been for the paper and round the villages, through the estate then out to Shell Bay and home by way of the ‘eleeven trees road’.   I am thinking of going out again after ‘morning coffee’ but only to the harbour.   There is only a light breeze just now but it will become a wee bit friskier later in the afternoon .... and will therefore feel colder., and there's the chance of light showers.


11.30    I’m glad I had a decent run on the bike earlier .... the sky has clouded over and we’re having a spell of light rain:  what I shall do is take the car up to Colinsburgh to fill it up.   I haven’t been in a petrol station for 10 weeks .... when fuel was at its most expensive of course.    It looks like the remainder of the day will be spent on the computer.... or doing ‘ousework.


16.30    The light rain spells didn’t last long .... and I ended up filling the ‘broon’ bucket with weeds:  what rain there had been evaporated away rapidly so weeding was a pleasant enough job.    Before that I’d been up to the garage to refuel the car.... in
Looking southeast from the Grangehill road.
fact that’s when it was raining;  fairly heavily up at Colinsburgh in fact.   Anyway refuelling was easy, with gloves provided at the pumps, and a barrier between the cashier and customer.   I felt ‘safe’ at all times.    It will probably be another 10 weeks before I need to do it again anyway.


Myra went to Grangemuir to buy vegetables and fruit.... including strawberries and brought a punnet for each of ‘the troops’.... which she dropped off just as I was fancying strawberries!    My fruit intake has been good this week.

21.30     Today has been an important day for me;   it’s the first time that I’ve been in another ‘shop’ apart from the ‘paper shop’ since before ‘lockdown’ and it’s also the furthest I’ve been in the car.     I’m wondering if I ought to go to the ‘Store’ in Anstruther to see how I cope with that:  my lifestyle has changed since the 23rd March
Local lady going for a swim.  
(my birthday) when ‘lockdown started, and I am used to shopping the ‘new’ way.   With summer coming (maybe) the chances of the virus spreading to the East Neuk will increase so the fewer shops I/we go into the better.   The tourist companies are desperate to get things going this summer .... and for social distancing to be reduced to a metre which would double the size of ‘a crowd of tourists’  straight away.    Not good.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....