Promising look to the sky ...


17th June 2020 (Wednesday)      06.30 ....  another grey and damp start to the
Sign of summer.
day but it is warm;  with sunny spells forecast for the afternoon.   One sunny spell lasting all afternoon (and evening) would be good.   Foggy photographs are all very well but they are not cheerful looking.... it’s  optimistic stuff we’re needing;  sunshine and loads of it. 


08.30    I am one excited bunny;  the grey sky is being broken up by big blue patches.... we.... are going to have sunny spells.   Morning coffee (‘Elevenses’) is going to be taken at Chapel Green.... I might even have to find the sun-cream.      Imagine;  a whole day of sunny spells!   I’ll have to empty the camera card.   Must go ‘slight flap on this morning’;  got to get the bike out.    Oh.... I've been for the paper(s).

West Bay beach.

10.00    I have the bike on charge so ‘elevenses’ might be nearer ‘twelveses’:  I ran the battery down when I went out after breakfast, by which time the sun had well broken through.    Margaret (Bowers) was out for her morning walk and we had  long chat at Chapel Green;  actually I chatted, Margaret had a long listen.   It’s a lovely day now and should be really warm later... almost like it was summer.

The Lifeguard Hut is being set up today at the harbour beach and is hoping to be operating in a couple of weeks if all goes well.   The man who is organising the job was telling me that, with the current situation, there are a lot of background ‘rools’ for lifeguard operations this season.   Still it’s good to see the signs of summer slowly coming together.   Our increasing beach hut population is another summer sign;  hopefully my early morning ‘seating arrangements’ should appear soon.


21.00     What a difference the sun made today.... then haar blew in on a cold breeze later in the afternoon:  but not before I’d had an enjoyable time and was well ready for
Earlsferry.
a rest anyway.    I didn’t go out on the bike again so I have a fully charged battery for tomorrow;  the battery charging I set going in the morning didn’t finish until 13.00 and the roads were busy by then.    I did wander down to the beach, to rendezvous with Myra at the bottom of Ferry Wynd, where we sat and chatted and watched the activity on the beach.   Myra was on her way to the shops.      I had the camera with me but I hadn’t inserted the card properly so .... nae photos of Myra on the seat.   I’d grabbed the camera, in a hurry, on the way out of Ivy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....