Fired up ....


23rd June 2020 (Tuesday)      08.00 .... The weather may be overcast and
Elie Bay.
grey but I am feeling excitable and in the mood for going somewhere;   however I’ll have to curb my excitable state because there’s a chance of rain for the next couple of hour.... with light drizzle just now.    In fact it’s not a great forecast for today so I’ll leave going any distance on the bike until tomorrow, when we are going to be bathed in sunshine:  not just tomorrow but for the next few days.  



10.00    It was quiet on the beach (which is where I’ve been) but then I was later in going out this morning;  plenty of early morning jogger, walker and dog prints all over the sand.   It’s really warm and humid but dry though it looked like Edinburgh was getting rain;  of course I had to be wearing a light fleece, well prepared for a cold snap.... which never came!   I was glad to get back to Ivy and ‘cast a couple of cloots’ (fleece and scarf).   I f it stays dry I’ll get the bike out after the Tesco delivery.


Earlsferry from the quarry.
16.00    Tesco delivery done dusted wiped and put away, now ready to out on the bike after a cuppa with a Milk Chocolate Digestive.    Oops ...we had a bonnie afternoon until half an hour ago;  now it looks like drizzle so the biking has been postponed.   I’ll have two cuppas then see how the weather is;   though I most likely will leave it until after dinner when the roads will be quieter.


One thing I won’t have to order again from Tesco (or from anywhere) until after August 2021;   semolina.    I thought semolina came in wee (expensive) packets like the one I bought in Sainsbury’s.   Oh no ... I have 2 big packets (1.5 kg) of the stuff;   however it can be used for more than just making semolina pudding apparently.   I wonder how it would do as a cement?   Anyway that’s one item I won’t have to worry about for 14 months.... by which time there might be a vaccine against the virus.   I bought the semolina by looking at the photograph without checking the weight!   That’s ma boy!  Hey .... I’m a happy bunny tonight though .... I can have semolina pudding!

21.30    We’ve ended up with a lovely warm evening so I had a short walk up to the
The Pony Field track.
Pony Field:  Earlsferry looks lovely from that viewpoint, especially in the evening.     Elie doesn’t look it’s best from that angle.

If the forecaster’s have got it right (and most times they do) we are going to have a bonnie day tomorrow.... and warm.... perhaps hot even.   I will go out early and perhaps again in the afternoon.... if it isn’t too hot.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....