Enjoyable day ....


18th June 2020 (Thursday)     06.00 .... Kirsty, my hairdresser, (Craig Boyd
(Hairdresser) Leven) was in the group photograph in this week’s East Fife Mail.    The salon has been fitted with all the safety features possible and is huge upstairs so does have the room to have the chairs two metres apart:  I might get a haircut later next month!   Funnily enough my hair has grown past the annoying stage and I’m used to it being long;  that said.... I’ll be glad to get it cut.
We have another grey start to the day with the sky having a ‘less promising’ look again;  there’s a cool easterly breeze.    I’d imagine we should get sunny spells in the afternoon/evening.


09.30    This Saturday (20th) is the summer solstice, when the sun is at its northern most point from the equator, .... after which it’s all downhill to winter ... and skiing.    According to some people this is the start of summer in the northern hemisphere,.... which means Midsummer must be on 21st September: and there’s me thinking that this was midsummer.    I was brought believing that summer time began half way between the Spring Equinox and the Summer Solstice (about the 5th May).   I never stop learning.
West End - St Monans.
There’s a cold air this morning but I’m hoping the sky will break up in the afternoon;  I’m thinking of going out on the bike once the temperature gets up a bit.... if it gets up a bit.   It’s 11c on the garden thermometer just now.


14.00    I  realised this morning that I could bike 5 miles to visit somewhere else:  so I biked to St Monans for a change of scene.  The main road  (A917) was busy so I went down to St Monans by the burn eventually ending up at the harbour.   By this time the sun was breaking through and the air was warmer;  it had been cold on the hands coming along from Elie.   I had an enjoyable hour at St Monans harbour where I met ‘Tergie’ and caught up with his news.

When you go biking you always bike into the wind on the way out .... that way coming home is a dawdle;   and it was.   I am now ready for ‘50’ so will out to the Hutte (with a cuppa( to do a Soduko.

21.00    I don’t know where to go tomorrow;   it depends on the weather.   The forecast
St Monans.
is “thick cloud with a gentle breeze and the chance of precipitation” in the morning.... but brighter in the afternoon.    I’ll do the paper run then charge the bike battery and go out in the afternoon... if it’s fine. 

 I’ve really enjoyed today and when the weather settles down looking forward to exploring from Upper Largo to Pittenweem on the coast and up to Largoward inland... and all points in between.    The biggest problem will be the roads;  I expect them to be buzzin’ this summer.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....